Why become a member? ×

Cash Converters

stubass

I got an Electro Harmonix Knockout at a very decent price at my local one, they had no clue what it was and as it wasn't an 'effect/noise' they assumed it was broken.

They do have a VM fretless Squier at the moment, at £199 it's too expensive to be interesting, but I keep an eye on the place just in case anything interesting crops up.

I also got a zeller double bass for £150 once from the Bolton branch, that was great until my singer at the time knocked it over and turned it into firewood.

Well the precision arrived today, just had a quick 5 mins with her but she's in fantastic condition, finish on the neck is lovely and the film was still on the mint green scratchplate. Feels unused. Serial number checks out as being a 2012/2013. Really happy with it, quick delivery too. Will get pics up later.

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1425053290' post='2703470']
Not so different these days, to be honest - the last time I was burgled, they took my flatmate's laptop. The police suggested I might like to have a gander round the local Cash Converters and similar shops to see if it was in any of those. Which took a while, as there's a depressingly large number of such shops down the Walworth Road!
[/quote]

Blimey, don't see that place name checked very often! Only pawnbrokers when I lived there was Harvey & Thompson, huge great jewellers with a tiny pawnshop at the back, Only guitar I ever saw in there was a Kay acoustic even worse than the one I owned at the time!!

[quote name='stubass' timestamp='1425316154' post='2706145']
Well the precision arrived today, just had a quick 5 mins with her but she's in fantastic condition, finish on the neck is lovely and the film was still on the mint green scratchplate. Feels unused. Serial number checks out as being a 2012/2013. Really happy with it, quick delivery too. Will get pics up later.
[/quote]

cool! glad it was a good one, even if some feel the need to try to rain on your purchase ;) some people :rolleyes: :lol:

I don't need yet another Jazz, but this one is a beauty and I like what they've done with the headstock. Anybody knows anything about these Revelation basses?

[url="http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/823251/bass"]http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/823251/bass[/url]

Thanks for the kind words guys but I'm not the type to get "totes emosh" about what people say on the Internet. Anyway, here are some sub standard pics of her. I've got a set of ashtrays I pulled of a previous p which I might fit (opinions?), think it'd look good with a beigey cream or gold anodised guard. I don't mind the covers as I tend to play just above or just below the pickups, although a thumb rest just above let's me get more purchase so I'll grab one soon. She's strung with flats now and the horrendously action corrected. Got an (ex) wizard thumper coming courtesy of Lozz, I'll have to get the shielding tape out as there is a tiny bit of buzz but it's quiet enough not to be an issue even without. Final pic is her next to my heavily modded jazz (just body and neck is original) anyway, happy, good value for my 250 :)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1425329431' post='2706308']
I don't need yet another Jazz, but this one is a beauty and I like what they've done with the headstock. Anybody knows anything about these Revelation basses?

[url="http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/823251/bass"]http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/823251/bass[/url]

[/quote]

Never heard of them but it looks nice, one of the better headstocks for sure. For 150, worth a gamble I'd say. I'm having a week off buying gear now, feeling a bit of gear hunters fatigue :P

The guy I traded my SR4 with what is now my SR5 had all his gear stolen, turned up at crack converters Sheffield, he had a thread on here at the time, proved it was his to the police as he knew the song titles he had stored in the multi fx before they plugged it in. The seller to the store was well known by the shop and the old bill.