Why become a member? ×

How you finding the music scene/gigs where you are?

ellie

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1425058674' post='2703538']
Where the hell are these £250 gigs?
[/quote]

That's the minimum we charge !!

Rock covers band playing Friday or Saturday nights, usually 2x 1hr sets plus encore

But we do take a full PA system and a full controllable lighting rig and put on a show as much as we can in a pub,

Edited by scoobystig

Most people around here with any sort of track record will want £50 per man min or £250 for the band.
The pubs will pay more but want to keep a lid on it but basically you need to work out how much you want
to push a gig for £350. If you fail at £350..to get numbers in... you'll not get it again so some bands
just accept £250 for 2x45's and the LL will wear that even on a poorish night. But, again, do that too often
and you'll lose the booking and of course, LL's talk to each other so you need to ask yourself if you can
be bothered with such a negatibe rep..??
Conversely, pack out a pub and sell £3k worth of drinks and the LL's will be banging down your door..
To me...that is the entire name of the game and it doesn't matter how good you are... it is drinks over the bar
that is the deal..

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1425063236' post='2703620']
Most people around here with any sort of track record will want £50 per man min or £250 for the band.
The pubs will pay more but want to keep a lid on it but basically you need to work out how much you want
to push a gig for £350. If you fail at £350..to get numbers in... you'll not get it again so some bands
just accept £250 for 2x45's and the LL will wear that even on a poorish night. But, again, do that too often
and you'll lose the booking and of course, LL's talk to each other so you need to ask yourself if you can
be bothered with such a negatibe rep..??
Conversely, pack out a pub and sell £3k worth of drinks and the LL's will be banging down your door..
To me...that is the entire name of the game and it doesn't matter how good you are... it is drinks over the bar
that is the deal..
[/quote]

And that there is the head of the nail truly hit
Most pubs the LL ain't even there, but you can be sure they check the numbers the following morning

Pull people in and put money over the bar and you'll have that gig whenever you pick up the phone to them, alas we did play one pub that was so packed that people were buying drinks in the pub over the road and then coming back over, I'm not sure this was the desired effect

[quote name='scoobystig' timestamp='1425068797' post='2703707']
And that there is the head of the nail truly hit
Most pubs the LL ain't even there, but you can be sure they check the numbers the following morning

Pull people in and put money over the bar and you'll have that gig whenever you pick up the phone to them, alas [b]we did play one pub that was so packed that people were buying drinks in the pub over the road and then coming back over, I'm not sure this was the desired effect[/b]
[/quote]

PMSL..... what a cheek, but then the LL couldn't serve those drinks anyway...

At a local town beer festival, one pub did £58k in the weekend... !!!!! and every band is desperate to
be on their rosta for that weekend, but the hassle of 'policing' who gets in in just too much. For the right band,
you have a 100 people queuing to get in in in very large courtyard/garden. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have
believed it and of late the pub will not book the most popular band draws as the gains over a regular band are
not worth it with all the 'hassle' that brings..!!