Why become a member? ×

Finally GAS Free?

drewk_ie

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1424799064' post='2700602']
What is it about GAS that you move on gear for perfectly valid reasons at one time, only to sometime later wish you had it back/another one?

It took me a good few Jazz basses to come to the conclusion that I don't like them very much. I felt like Charlie Brown where he keeps going to kick the football, and Lucy moved it every time...but he keeps going back, because this time he'll get it!

....and the cycle starts again! :(
[/quote] ive done the same with jazzes... had more of them than any other type of bass... great but never gelledwith them at all.

[quote name='1970' timestamp='1424777756' post='2700261']
GAS is like herpes. It never goes away. You'll get a flare up, mark my words.
[/quote]

Exactly.

GAS free is a myth, it's just a matter of TIM, uh, time, time...I meant to say time!

Ooo, look, shinny thing

[quote name='roceci' timestamp='1424810578' post='2700783']
Anyone who proclaims they're GAS free is either dumb, naive or in denial.

I say this because I've been all three. Right now I really want a SR5.
[/quote]

Yes but if you buy an SR5 you will be cured :)

I am determined now to be GAS free I spent the best part of last year thinking about it going over all the basses I'd owned, over the past 27 years and the money I'd spent & wasted on some of them & the money I lost when I sold them on :( . I had spent so much time saving for basses & amps (which you can do for any hobby/interest). Always said that when I reached 50 I would quit buying basses & amps, anyhow 2 years earlier than planned I have managed to do just that :) . So I read a lot of reviews on basses and amps that I liked the look of, and one of my main criteria was that it was it had to be well made & the weight of the bass & amp had to be manageable (no more Peavey TNT 160's :lol: ).For me the new American Fender Precision with the Custom Shop pickups & the improvements, made on the neck and the weight and feel of the bass won me over. All I have added is a set of straplocks & for the first time ever flatwound strings, so that takes care of my bass needs & string changes won't be for a good few years. And amp wise I liked the look and weight again of the Fender Rumble 200 combo. So now I can save my money for other things & sit back and enjoy what I own instead of looking and thinking "What if or I need that".

[quote name='luckman67' timestamp='1424865244' post='2701278']
...So now I can save my money for other things & sit back and enjoy what I own instead of looking and thinking "What if or I need that".
[/quote]

A good place to be. I'll be there too, soon... I just need to buy one or two more things... three, tops. :crazy: