Why become a member? ×

My new Revox Reel-to-Reel.

ambient

Well, following on from a post a made last December, I've just bought this amazing machine.

[attachment=184552:IMG_0323.JPG]

I'm just spending time acquainting myself with it, but so far I'm extremely happy with it. I spent a bit of time yesterday setting it up into my set-up. I also had a play with bouncing some of my finished tracks over onto it, then back over onto my laptop. You get a really nice kind of warmth added to the track, along with some nice natural sounding compression.

I'm going to be doing some recording with it over the next few days, looking forward to lots of experimenting with it :)

Edited by ambient

It's really brilliant, thoughI've not really had time to use it this last week unfortunately, but I'm off this coming week, so it's gonna be in for a lot of use :)

This is a very recent track that I've analogised this evening. Obviously it's now been re-digitalised for uploading, but it has still retained some of the warmth of sound captured from the tape. It sounds amazing played straight from the tape through my Genelecs.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/an-ending-ascend/09022015a"]https://soundcloud.com/an-ending-ascend/09022015a [/url]

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1424549003' post='2697661']
Always liked the look of reel-to-reel tape decks, they looked great behind Human League and OMD and again later on in Pulp Fiction - one of the best looking pieces of tech on the planet. Enjoy! :)
[/quote]

Soft Cell were always accompanied by what looked like a Revox in the middle of the stage. A friends band (The Modern) paid homage to this by having a Revox whirring away whenever they played live, although it was only for show.