Why become a member? ×

What bass is this?

Harrisonian91

Damn, beaten to it. Looks exactly like a BB614 I had a few years back:

It's not a BB1024 - it would also have blades on the P pickup, not individual pole pieces, and I'm pretty sure all 424/1024/2024 basses have a plain headstock because they like to show off the 5 piece maple/mahogany(nato on the 424) neck.

Edited by neepheid

100% sure that it's a BB414. I've owned one, and they're really good basses, especially for the price. If you want to mod it, don't think about changing the pickups. I don't know why, but on practically all models (except for some BB and RBX basses) Yamaha uses pickups that can only be replaced by Yamaha pickups, unless you're happy with exposed cavities. That also means that Yamaha can make that stuff as expensive as they'd like. I once had a TRB5II (sold it...*sob*) that needed to have its tuners replaced. I e-mailed Yamaha about what tuners to get. They told me tuners cost €45 each. Then I found out they're quite regular Gotoh GB-7s. €45 for a set.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1423750157' post='2688588']

It's not a BB1024 - it would also have blades on the P pickup, not individual pole pieces,
[/quote]

Can't see too well on my phone, but the nut and string tree look wrong for a BB1024 too.