Why become a member? ×

It Bites, Once Around The World

spectoremg

I remember seeing It Bites debut this song at the old Guildford Civic Hall...this was before the album came out. Me and my mate just stood slackjawed.

I know there was Yes and Genesis and Rush doing their poop, but this was different; guys roughly our age exposing us to an amazing piece. I listened to it again a few days ago. It's as awesome now as it was 25-odd years ago.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1423465961' post='2684970']
I remember seeing It Bites debut this song at the old Guildford Civic Hall...this was before the album came out. Me and my mate just stood slackjawed.

I know there was Yes and Genesis and Rush doing their poop, but this was different; guys roughly our age exposing us to an amazing piece. I listened to it again a few days ago. It's as awesome now as it was 25-odd years ago.
[/quote]

I saw The Sensational Francis Dunnery Band do it a few months ago. Apparently his last ever full band gig.

Can help the OP with transcriptions or anything though, sorry.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1423473494' post='2685055']
Being the geek wot I am I've ripped a cd with all the extended mixes and b-sides including the superb I'll Meet You In The Spring.
[/quote]

Always liked 'Vampires'. Was delighted when they actually played it live on the last tour I saw them with Dunnery.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1423468027' post='2684988']
Yes I watched a youtube vid of that performance - good innit. Someone told me Franks's retired from 'rock' music?
[/quote]

That would be a shame. I saw him a couple of years ago at Bush Hall (2011-12?). About 200-300 people. He was superb. He does a lot of house parties.

I also saw It Bites about three times around that time as well. Reading, Bush Hall, Islington O2. Superb band still. A couple of gigs with Lee Pomeroy and once with Nathan King. I thought Pomeroy was a much better player than King.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1423468027' post='2684988']
Yes I watched a youtube vid of that performance - good innit. Someone told me Franks's retired from 'rock' music?
[/quote]

From Frank's facebook page: "After only four weeks of staying at home and looking after my five month old baby boy, I'm so knackered I have to go back to work to have a rest. Please check out the events page to see my ever growing concert list and please come check out the shows. I look forward to seeing you all again.... actually, I cant feckin wait to see you all again but please don't bring your kids otherwise I might start crying"

I'm not sure if that means he'll be doing rock gigs or band gigs or sticking to solo/non-rock stuff. But he's out there.