Why become a member? ×

Sold ***MTD Kingston Heir 5 String £375

BassBunny

This was my main gigging Bass until "Marvin" arrived and I really need to thin my collection down. Sunburst with Maple Neck, Jazz/MM configuration. Has recently had a Bart 5.4 AP pre-amp installed and set-up by Steve Robinson of Sale. Mike Tobias recommended the pre and it is amazing. Usual controls, Vol/Bal/Bass/Middle/Treble and a push/pull on the Volume for Active/Passive. It also has a 3 position toggle that changes the "Mid" frequencies.
Steve also routed the body to install a flip-top battery box. Has a small ding on the top of the headstock and some other minor ones that have not chipped the paintwork.
A truly awesome Bass that is also pretty light.
Looking for £375 for her.
[attachment=11949:MTD__2_.JPG][attachment=11950:MTD.JPG]
[attachment=11951:MTD__4_.JPG][attachment=11952:MTD__3_.JPG]

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='TPJ' post='260772' date='Aug 12 2008, 12:42 PM']Is this a beefed up version of the Kingston 5?

Also, is it 35 inch scale?

Cheers,[/quote]
Hi, It is 35" scale. The Kingston is the single MM pickup version and the Heir is the 2 P/U version, so I guess "beefed up" would cover it.

These are excellent basses for the money. Couldn't believe the price tag when I played one in the Bass Centre a few years back. Played and sounded better than the Musicman 5 sitting next to it at less than half the price.

[quote name='Bigwan' post='260797' date='Aug 12 2008, 01:25 PM']These are excellent basses for the money. Couldn't believe the price tag when I played one in the Bass Centre a few years back. Played and sounded better than the Musicman 5 sitting next to it at less than half the price.[/quote]
+1

I've had 2 of them before and they both played like a dream! Good luck with the sale....

[quote name='BassBunny' post='260702' date='Aug 12 2008, 11:30 AM']This was my main gigging Bass until "Marvin" arrived and I really need to thin my collection down. Sunburst with Maple Neck, Jazz/MM configuration. Has recently had a Bart 5.4 AP pre-amp installed and set-up by Steve Robinson of Sale. Mike Tobias recommended the pre and it is amazing. Usual controls, Vol/Bal/Bass/Middle/Treble and a push/pull on the Volume for Active/Passive. It also has a 3 position toggle that changes the "Mid" frequencies.
Steve also routed the body to install a flip-top battery box. Has a small ding on the top of the headstock and some other minor ones that have not chipped the paintwork.
A truly awesome Bass that is also pretty light.
Looking for £375 for her.
[attachment=11949:MTD__2_.JPG][attachment=11950:MTD.JPG]
[attachment=11951:MTD__4_.JPG][attachment=11952:MTD__3_.JPG][/quote]
Hey! I think I used to own that very bass! It sounded great then.........I bet it's mega now with the preamp. If your thinking about an MTD then go for it £375 = bargain you would be hard pushed to find another decent 5 string for the money. I recomend lighter strings say 40-100 to compensate for the higher string tension feel associated with a longer scale. Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='Bass is the place' post='262125' date='Aug 14 2008, 01:53 AM']Hey! I think I used to own that very bass! It sounded great then.........I bet it's mega now with the preamp. If your thinking about an MTD then go for it £375 = bargain you would be hard pushed to find another decent 5 string for the money. I recomend lighter strings say 40-100 to compensate for the higher string tension feel associated with a longer scale. Good luck with the sale.[/quote]
That's intriguing. it's nice being able to track the history.
Putting the Bart preamp in has made an amazing difference and the 3 position switch that changes the mid frequencies is very effective. It cost over £200 to buy/install the preamp and Steve made a cracking job of it.