Why become a member? ×

Problem with warwick streamer stage 1

05qcdy202

Hi People,

I recently took my bass into music ground in leeds to get a sadowsky pre fitted to replace the stock warwick. I was told that, despite efforts, it wasn't going to be possible because my pickups are active too and not compatible with the sadowsky pre. Is this true?

My second question is does anyone know a good electronics bod around leeds/bradford. Somone made a pigs ear of replacing the electronics so i need to at least get it fixed up if i can't get the sadowsky in.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

N.

[quote name='05qcdy202' post='259846' date='Aug 11 2008, 12:06 PM']I recently took my bass into music ground in leeds to get a sadowsky pre fitted to replace the stock warwick. I was told that, despite efforts, it wasn't going to be possible because my pickups are active too and not compatible with the sadowsky pre. Is this true?[/quote]

No.

Alex

Should be no problem - I'm sure the Sadowsky preamp comes with instructions that include this option - or look at the Aguilar website, as (from memory) the OPB1 is very similar. I had the OPB2 fitted to a Warwick SS1, plus EMG's - it sounds really good and is an improvement over the stock MEC stuff.

While you have this work done, also change the jack socket to a brand new switchcraft, it may cost an extra £10 but its something less to go wrong in a year or two.

BB

Guest BassKS

[quote name='BassBod' post='260618' date='Aug 12 2008, 09:27 AM']Should be no problem - I'm sure the Sadowsky preamp comes with instructions that include this option - or look at the Aguilar website, as (from memory) the OPB1 is very similar. I had the OPB2 fitted to a Warwick SS1, plus EMG's - it sounds really good and is an improvement over the stock MEC stuff.

While you have this work done, also change the jack socket to a brand new switchcraft, it may cost an extra £10 but its something less to go wrong in a year or two.

BB[/quote]

Hey BassBod, I do have Warwick SS 1 four stringer and while im happy with what it does, I cant but ponder about the possibility of a sonic enhancement. Any chance you could record something? you just bought EMG PJ actives and an AGGIE OBP3?

[quote name='05qcdy202' post='259846' date='Aug 11 2008, 12:06 PM']Hi People,

I recently took my bass into music ground in leeds to get a sadowsky pre fitted to replace the stock warwick. I was told that, despite efforts, it wasn't going to be possible because my pickups are active too and not compatible with the sadowsky pre. Is this true?

My second question is does anyone know a good electronics bod around leeds/bradford. Somone made a pigs ear of replacing the electronics so i need to at least get it fixed up if i can't get the sadowsky in.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

N.[/quote]

im sorry to say that i dont know a huge amount about electronics!! but i do know that the guys at music ground in leeds dont know their arse from their elbow!!!

ive had a few coversations with them over the years and seriously its flippin shocking how useless they are.......and they always seem to look down on you like they know everything and your the idiot!!.....oooh and while im on the rant i avoid that shop like the plague because they pester you all the time to buy something but when you ask to try somethin out they're like "are you gonna buy it??" coz if your not then no you cant try it!!

w***ers!!!

sorry rant over

Sorry, but I can't record anything as I traded the SS1 a while ago...but I'd recomend changing the preamp, and see what you think. The EMG pickups are only a slight improvement over the stock MECs. However I found the Aguilar OPB-2 preamp was a real improvement (wired vol vol treble bass) and very easy to work with (slight treble cut, slight bass boost, change pickup mix to taste).

Someone here now owns that bass - traded with Lukeward??

Hope that's some help

BB