Why become a member? ×

California Breed Have Split Up

spongebob

Just read that Glenn Hughes' latest band, California Breed, have called it a day.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-01-16/california-breed-are-no-more

I did listen to the album a good few times - thought it started really well, but seemed to be a bit of a mess after that!

Glenn is a legend, so let's hope he's back with something a bit more long-term, and (ahem...) consistent soon.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1421669132' post='2663711']
I'm losing touch here . Never heard of em till last week, when I saw announcement .
Seems like Glenn , is getting a bit difficult to work with. Fantastic talent , but it has been said his ego has come back .
[/quote]

It seems he's changing bands as often as he does gear endorsements!

He's always been involved with various projects and sessions in addition to having his own bands, whether that makes him difficult to work with or in demand or both I don't know. He seemed to mellow a bit with age but you never know with these 'artistes'. I'm sure he'll sort something else out in the near future even if it means knocking together a backing band and doing some solo shows. He has a wealth of material he's performed on to draw on.

Well California Breed came about apparently because other artists (mainly Mr Bonamassa) would not agree to a set gigging programme for this project. So he recruits this young guitarist with apparently no other ties (he will have soon no doubt, he is very good) to join him and Mr Bonham. Then once the album is released Mr Bonham walks and now the band is apparently over after one tour. With no evidence whatsoever, IMHO it would seem that Glenn may be a little contrary to deal with. Oh well, I look forward to seeing what Mr Watts does next.