Why become a member? ×

Any recommendations for a Fender bass bible books?

kristinaelias

The Fender Bass-an Illustrated History by Black & Molinaro, as stated above is the best all bass book.
The Fender Bass by Klaus Blasquiz is pretty poor, cheap....for a reason!
Fender-The sound heard around the world by Smith, is a good Fender company history reference book
Fender-The golden age by Kelly is really good book showing all of Fenders work from '46 -'70.
Fender-The inside story by Forest White is another good Fender history book
Fender Precision Basses '51 to '54 by Detlef is also great, but only covers the earliest models
How the Fender Bass changed the World by Jim Roberts is good, but again lots of reference and history

lots of others, but they are the mainstream ones

I would recommend the top one, it pretty much covers everything you are likely to need, on Fender basses, great detail, reference, dating info, and of course some fine GAS inducing pics.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1420906230' post='2654850']
The Fender Bass-an Illustrated History by Black & Molinaro, as stated above is the best all bass book.
Fender-The sound heard around the world by Smith, is a good Fender company history reference book
Fender-The golden age by Kelly is really good book showing all of Fenders work from '46 -'70.
Fender Precision Basses '51 to '54 by Detlef is also great, but only covers the earliest models
How the Fender Bass changed the World by Jim Roberts is good, but again lots of reference and history

I would recommend the top one, it pretty much covers everything you are likely to need, on Fender basses, great detail, reference, dating info, and of course some fine GAS inducing pics.
[/quote]

What Rick said.

Bass Culture: The John Entwistle Bass Collection also features some tasty Fenders.

[quote name='rodney72a' timestamp='1420941476' post='2655397']

What Rick said.

Bass Culture: The John Entwistle Bass Collection also features some tasty Fenders.
[/quote]
That sounds like an extremely interesting, if potentially horrendously expensive read - I already have a Thunderbird and a Longhorn because of that man!

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1420906230' post='2654850']

[/quote]

Great list Rick, thanks! Good to know the Illustrated history is the way to go, I already have the Golden age book & it was more of the same I was after.