Why become a member? ×

Delays in receiving items shipped from Thoman

afterimage

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1422288228' post='2670714']
I agree. I've changed the title to something a little more representative.
[/quote]

Great :)

The last stuff I had from them (maybe 2 weeks ago), got caught up in the Paris terror attacks thing, the package spent about 3 days sitting in customs here in the UK.

I think maybe the whole of the European postal and courier delivery networks are being more vigilant, resulting in slower processing and delivery.

There was something (i think), mentioned on the Parcelforce website recently.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1422287884' post='2670709']

No, it's coming from Germany.

I sent a faulty studio monitor back to them a couple of weeks ago, and had an email last Friday to say it was being replaced and the new one was on its way. That hasn't moved from Koln either, last updated Saturday.

I'm expecting it will update later today to say it's in the UK, and possibly (from my experience with ordering a lot of gear from them), it'll hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

I do think the title of this thread should be changed, after all, it's mostly down to couriers and not Thomann.
[/quote]

Could you possibly keep me updated with your order please Ambient? So I know whether to panic or not lol.

Well I placed an order with them Saturday evening, order processed this morning, shipped this afternoon and collected by DHL late this evening. Just hoping there are no delays now as the plan is to use my new bass at my gig on Saturday night. I'll be gutted if it doesn't make it in time as I have the following weekend off so I'd be waiting 2 weeks to use it in anger!

Fingers crossed!

Edited by Painy

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1422322038' post='2671246']
Hmmm you got DHL and I got Parcelfarce.

I ordered a week ago and it's still in Germany according to the tracking info. I'm getting concerned. An email will be sent tomorrow, although what Thomann can do about it, I do not know.
[/quote]

It'll be DHL in Germany, Parcelforce will deliver in the UK.

Your tracking number will work with both.

:)

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1422289518' post='2670733']
Could you possibly keep me updated with your order please Ambient? So I know whether to panic or not lol.
[/quote]

I really shouldn't worry, I think it's that postal services, and couriers are being more vigilante since the Paris terrorist thing the other week. My monitor still hasn't moved (at least according to the tracking), since Saturday, it's still in Germany.

:)

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1422385089' post='2672021']
I'm in the same boat. Still in Köln and hasn't moved in five days and I'm sorry, but that's totally unacceptable to me. I paid £10 for shipping and we're now on day eight since I purchased the bass and it hasn't left Germany? Not good enough.
[/quote]

Have you emailed DHL ?

I've always had Parcel Force 'Express 24' deliveries within 24 hours, but it seem to depend where you are on the wonderful parcel force network.
The home run, fingers crossed....

Incidentally, stuff going back to Thomann (UPS) got there in 2.5 days!

Edited by pfretrock

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1422456181' post='2672908']
Bass arrived at my house this morning :-D

I willl do a NBD thread soon :-D
[/quote]

Good :)

My package has now arrived in the UK, so hopefully my monitor will be waiting for me when I get back from uni tomorrow night :)