Why become a member? ×

NBD but cant work out the controls.

Twincam

Ok instead of the ibanez. i went and tested out a Peavey millennium active. Liked the shape, and was easy to play even while not set up well i was impressed, Sounded great maybe a bit dark sounding but i like that. So i bought it.
Just set it up, still needs a little nut work on the g string but other than that very nice, also excellent fret work.

Ok so i can't work out the controls the volume one was easy. And the bass control ive worked out and the mid. Now i would of thought working them out was easy but everytime i think ive got it something doesn't add up. The treble and what could be the blend pot sound similar but ones more powerful which i assume is the blend as its infront of the bass and mid where i think the treble is behind to the back of the bass.

The model i bought seems to be a transition one too or something or other. Its supposed to have 18v electronics well there's only one 9v battery in there, tho ive not checked the main compartment for all i know there might be one wrongly stuffed in there. The neck and headstock is slightly different to ones ive seen online, its similar to the new ones with the truss rod access in the head. But decorated more like the older ones. And the controls don't match what it says online anywhere or on some of the vids ive seen online. In fact the vids don't match other vids or some of the things online either so maybe they swapped them around a few times.

Am i being thick here or what?. My first bass was an active vintage with blend, bass,mid and treble and although it was not great sounding i could clearly tell by ear what was going on.

Anyhow pleased with my purchase.

According to the manual I've found online, the blend pot is the one at the back of the bass next to the bridge, the volume is the pot nearest the neck and the three tone pots are in a triangle between the two pots I've just mentioned. Looks like an odd layout because I would have put the volume and blend next to each other in a line and the three tone pots I'd also have put them in a line too but the Millennium AC seems not to favour this arrangement.

http://assets.peavey.com/category/manuals/780_25563.pdf

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1420297547' post='2647743']
According to the manual I've found online, the blend pot is the one at the back of the bass next to the bridge, the volume is the pot nearest the neck and the three tone pots are in a triangle between the two pots I've just mentioned. Looks like an odd layout because I would have put the volume and blend next to each other in a line and the three tone pots I'd also have put them in a line too but the Millennium AC seems not to favour this arrangement.

[url="http://assets.peavey.com/category/manuals/780_25563.pdf"]http://assets.peavey...s/780_25563.pdf[/url]
[/quote]

Yeah definitely not them, my volume pot is on the top (of the triangle) for sure. no1 which is the volume on the diagram you posted im sure is my blend its 100% not the volume.I think they have been sensible and put bass, mid, treble in a line with the treble being the one near the back. Ive just been reading that Peavey do often change things around but this is silly even there own website doesn't have a bass on like mine. I know mine is an end of the line model so who knows what they did mine matches nothing at all online or what i should of been buying spec wise.
If i wasn't happy with the bass i would of taken it back and said about it not being as advertised etc but i must say its a great bass playing and sounding wise.

Just had the back of my 2.

Chinese and Indonesian. Volume is the 1st, Blend is at the bridge pickup.
Below it goes Bass,Mid and Treble working back.

Particularly fine bass you've got yourself there if I may say so.

Looking at the manual they've just repeated the numbering from the Passive to the Active.

Silly sods :mellow:

Edited by kodiakblair

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1420300288' post='2647795']
Just had the back of my 2.

Chinese and Indonesian. Volume is the 1st, Blend is at the bridge pickup.
Below it goes Bass,Mid and Treble working back.

Particularly fine bass you've got yourself there if I may say so.

Looking at the manual they've just repeated the numbering from the Passive to the Active.

Silly sods :mellow:
[/quote]

Mine is made in the good old Vietnam. They must have moved production recently and changed things or had varies spares in different states lying around and built with what they had. Not uncommon i guess.

i will say this though the bass has some seriously good fretwork very impressed. Although the bass has the worst machine heads ive ever used.

But yeah my bass knob is below the volume at the top, so again different.

Edited by Twincam

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1420325041' post='2648185']
Mines is Volume top near strings, Blend next still top . Along the bottom curve are Bass,Mid and Treble.

With treble at the bridge end. The tone controls are 3 in a row. It's the same set up as the Cirrus.
[/quote]

Yeah that's the one.

If you adjust what you think is the pan, tap the pickups gently with something metal, you should be able to see if you're right, needs to be plugged in of course 😊 turn the control all one way, tap the pickups then turn all the other way, you should only get a tapping noise from 1 pickup at a time.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1420295684' post='2647692']
Ok instead of the ibanez. i went and tested out a Peavey millennium active. Liked the shape, and was easy to play even while not set up well i was impressed, Sounded great maybe a bit dark sounding but i like that. So i bought it.
Just set it up, still needs a little nut work on the g string but other than that very nice, also excellent fret work.

Ok so i can't work out the controls the volume one was easy. And the bass control ive worked out and the mid. Now i would of thought working them out was easy but everytime i think ive got it something doesn't add up. The treble and what could be the blend pot sound similar but ones more powerful which i assume is the blend as its infront of the bass and mid where i think the treble is behind to the back of the bass.

The model i bought seems to be a transition one too or something or other. Its supposed to have 18v electronics well there's only one 9v battery in there, tho ive not checked the main compartment for all i know there might be one wrongly stuffed in there. The neck and headstock is slightly different to ones ive seen online, its similar to the new ones with the truss rod access in the head. But decorated more like the older ones. And the controls don't match what it says online anywhere or on some of the vids ive seen online. In fact the vids don't match other vids or some of the things online either so maybe they swapped them around a few times.

Am i being thick here or what?. My first bass was an active vintage with blend, bass,mid and treble and although it was not great sounding i could clearly tell by ear what was going on.

Anyhow pleased with my purchase.
[/quote]

tap the polepieces lightly with something metallic, that will tell you without doubt which pickups you're using: that will allow you to find out which one is the blend control if the sound alone is not enough indication.

Once you have the blend sorted, the others will be easy to figure out.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1420424536' post='2649283']
If you adjust what you think is the pan, tap the pickups gently with something metal, you should be able to see if you're right, needs to be plugged in of course �� turn the control all one way, tap the pickups then turn all the other way, you should only get a tapping noise from 1 pickup at a time.
[/quote]

ah, that will teach me to wait till the end of the thread! :lol:

Edited by mcnach