Why become a member? ×

Mark bass tube 500/800

lojo

I'm not clued up on the tech stuff but the 500 will be plenty with the cabbage you use.
500 and 800 will both make the cabs go as loud as they can go, the 500 might feel it runs out of juice sooner though, but you won't need to push it that hard anyway.

800's power amp isn't as good as the 500 though. The 500 on burst goes above that and it's continuous is just under 500. The 800's burst I don't remember but it's continuous is around 650 watts.

Personally the 500 would be good for me, but if you can afford the extra 50 why not get the 800?

From recent questioning of Markbass it appears that all 500 watt heads and combos now use the same class D power amp as the Big Bang head, which reportedly sounds different (warmer perhaps?) than the previous class D LM(T)800.

Edited by Sparky Mark

Not any experience of the 500 but love my LMT 800...very versatile in sound, i'd go for the 800W as you still get 500W if using an 8ohm cab...350W from the 500 amp may be a struggle for larger gigs if you want headroom.