Why become a member? ×

New Amp Coming: TE GP7215 combo + TE 2x10 cab

uk_lefty

I got offered a great deal on a TE combo (GP7215) 300Watts with 15" speaker, 7 band EQ, etc. and a 2x10 extension cab... off to pick up on Saturday. Very, very excited!! Have played the 2x10 trace combo and figured this would be a very flexible rig... then i searched the forum and noticed a good handful of these GP7215 combos for sale - any reason why, or just the cyclical nature of GAS?
I'm hoping this will settle as a versatile gigging and rehearsal rig for whatever style i end up playing next...

That rig should have enough power for all but the iggest of venues/stages. TE gear is very loud indeed, and from my limited use of it, doesn`t durge once pushed. I think the reason for a few being up for grabs is that they are quite heavy, and much of the new stuff coming out is lighter, so GAS for new and lighter gear rearing its head. I reckon you`ll be very pleased with that new set-up, congrats.

Weight issues aside, Trace stuff is awesome, seeing as yours is a little more modular it shouldn't be too bad to transport about. In terms of power and tone, IMO, nothing touches it (just don't use the graphic preset, it sounds rubbish!) Enjoy!

thanks guys, i used the TE 2x10 version of the combo years back for a rehearsal and loved the amount of "punch". Happening across this for a crazy price was too good to turn down, and i can always sell on the extension cab if its not getting used. It was a toss up between this and a Warwick sweet 25.2 - hope i made the right call.

Years ago I sort of had a version of your setup..

I had a 12 band 300w head, the 2103H (2x10) and an 1153 (1x15) which was a great modular and flexible system with plenty of power and volume on tap. I later changed to a 600w head and sold the 2103H to buy a 1048H (4x10) which I felt I could have ruled the world with!

Enjoy, I'm sure you'll love it. :D