Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='308178' date='Oct 16 2008, 09:30 PM']They're all fine - Apart from my 1990 cocobolo S2 which has been at the factory for about three months. That's why I'm going down, to pick it up :)

Loving the S2 5-er. It's the first 5-string I've had of any kind that's a keeper. The walnut S2-Classic 4 is my main player at the moment & the walnut KingBass doesn't really come out. I'm thinking of selling it, as it's just too boomy for me.

First one to offer me £1600 gets a pristine 2008 KingBass Artist, LOL![/quote]

MB1. :huh:
BLIMEY! :huh:

[quote name='BassBus' post='309526' date='Oct 18 2008, 10:11 PM']Her's the latest addition. An S2 Classic with a quilted maple face and fretless neck with dark grey lines. Usual great sound and feel as on any Status bass and everything I've ever wanted on an electric.[/quote]

Very tasteful sir! I take it that this bass is the one that hath been in gestation!? (lovely Tokai there too!)

[quote name='BassBus' post='309526' date='Oct 18 2008, 10:11 PM']Her's the latest addition. An S2 Classic with a quilted maple face and fretless neck with dark grey lines. Usual great sound and feel as on any Status bass and everything I've ever wanted on an electric.[/quote]

ive just noticed that all your basses are fretless. fair play man i wish i could play fretless really well :)...

marcus

Thanks Nick, signature changed.

Marcus, who says I can play fretless well? :) There are a few other fretted instruments too but thay don't get used so much these days. Someone once said to me 'never sell an instrument, you'll always regret it', so I just keep to that principle. :huh:

Unfortunately not, Rich. It was ready too early and I'm going to be near Leicester next weekend too so I had planned on going down there. Best laid plans and all that. There's always the next one??? :)

Graham

Edited by BassBus

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='309944' date='Oct 19 2008, 05:48 PM']LOL Graham! With Status there's always a next one - These basses should be added to the government's class A illegal drugs list![/quote]

You're not joking Rich!

[quote name='Johngh' post='310009' date='Oct 19 2008, 08:02 PM']Here is a pic of my S2 6er. Its brilliant, I have better pics somewhere but can't find em'

[attachment=14964:status_6_body_3.JPG][/quote]

That's a nice one johngh. What's the facing wood?

Saw L42 las night at the RAH.... Bass sounded good from what I could hear.... the FOH sound was absolutely shocking..... and I mean shocking. One of the worst live sounds I've ever heard. Last years show there was so much better.

And they only played for approx 1 hour 15 mins....

Edited by crez5150

[quote name='crez5150' post='313892' date='Oct 24 2008, 02:34 PM']Saw L42 las night at the RAH.... Bass sounded good from what I could hear.... the FOH sound was absolutely shocking..... and I mean shocking. One of the worst live sounds I've ever heard. Last years show there was so much better.

And they only played for approx 1 hour 15 mins....[/quote]

Sorry to hear it...I saw Level 42 on this tour and on the Retroglide tour and I thought the sound was amazing both times. The bass had a bit more bottom end to it on this tour though, not sure if it's a change of mix or something to do with the new Kingbasses, and Mike's vocals were quieter. Once again, you could barely hear Nathan on guitars at all!

They also played a lot longer than 75 mins too, it couldn't have clocked in at less than 90 by my estimates. Maybe they were just having a bad night?

Okay, Rob's put up the new stock KingBass MK-II's on the website... Niiiice!
The infamous "Stuttgart Bass."

As used by MK on the first three concerts of the '08 UK tour...

Also as used by MK on the first three concerts of the '08 UK tour...

Prototype 003 with red front led's & green side led's...

BGM review model, signed on rear by MK...