Why become a member? ×

How was it for you?

Bilbo

No idea how many gigs I did, less than last year though.

I quit 2 bands straight after Christmas - an R&B outfit that looked promising, and a covers band that didnt, but was getting plenty of work - so that I could concentrate on the tribute act I was with for a few years, and a well established originals band that I really enjoy.

By the end of the summer the tribute act had folded, and I did the last gig in the diary for the other band two weeks ago. I should be looking for another band really, but I just cant be bothered.

Edited by BILL POSTERS

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1418836438' post='2633915']
Music has taken a back seat this year, I still practice with my cover band which I really enjoy but I only played 1 gig all year, I'm enjoying racing my bike and running too much to care at the moment.
[/quote]

Enjoy, bands, gigging rock and roll, no longer a big deal for most. :(

Blue

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1418937328' post='2635090']
By the end of the summer the tribute act had folded, and I did the last gig in the diary for the other band two weeks ago. I should be looking for another band really, but I just cant be bothered.
[/quote]

I'm really lucky to have over 3 years in (I'm a 1 band only guy) with my band, working with good honest people.

65 gigs last year should be more this year. If I lost this band, I would be screwed. There are very few opportunities with bands with consistent paid gigs in Milwaukee. Lot's of start up projects that will never see their first gig.

I have actually seen ads with verbiage like [i]"We don't care about what people want to dance to"[/i]. I'm serious. I guess that's fine, but they might want to add [i]"We don't care if we ever get a gig"[/i]

I know guys that haven't seen a decent opportunity in over 3 years.

Blue

Edited by blue

Bouncy I'd say. Definitely more gigs than last year as it was June last year when I properly got into gigging for a living. Left Electric Lounge, and whilst the calendar went a tad quiet as a result, I had no regrets. Pulled some excellent dep gigs, and some not so excellent gigs I must add! One of the guys on here I covered for him, and landed myself a lot of work when he f***ed that band off, a few months later the band leader turned funny and everyone lost a lot of work (no damage done, it meant I wasn't driving 5 hour round trips for not a lot of money!), I took the time to get some much better dep gigs which is where things have taken off. And I found out today that it looks like I'm off the the Emirates early 2015 to gig out there for a while... Not too shabby then!

First gig of the year will actually be the 27th having joined a new band

after 4 years in the wilderness of not wanting to play or to be let down by idiot band members

We already have a gig booked for 2015 so at least it will be equal to this year

Would be very interested in working with some Bristol / south west based rock bands next year

Edited by scoobystig

Well, after a chance meeting at a beer festival back in February, I finally ended up in a band!

Things haven't progressed quite as intended due to my drummer mate's inability to commit as much time as he wanted to, but fortunately our keys player also plays drums, so we've dropped his keys-led vaguely psychedelic originals and instead have been ruining everybody's evening at a weekly local open mic with a selection of more straight-ahead guitar-y Shed Rock covers and originals (it's kind of Garage Rock, but we're British dammit so have sheds!).

Great fun (for us anyway... ), and we keep adding to our repertoire so may be in danger of actually having a full set together sometime in 2015. :)