Why become a member? ×

TKS Engineering speakers thread

bjelkeman

I am a VERY happy man right now. This is my birthday present from (the greatest) girlfriend in existence. The guys at TKS did an amazing job of turning it around quickly and it looks great. Will be trying it out once some speaker cables arrive. :)

It's a horizontal S112 in tweed with the brown/gold cloth.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='sam-davies' timestamp='1436284513' post='2816743']
I am a VERY happy man right now. This is my birthday present from (the greatest) girlfriend in existence. The guys at TKS did an amazing job of turning it around quickly and it looks great. Will be trying it out once some speaker cables arrive. :)

It's a horizontal S112 in tweed with the brown/gold cloth.
[/quote]

Excellent taste, sir! I have the identical colour scheme on mine:

[attachment=199129:Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 14.24.45.png]

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Bumping this up to ask if anyone has taken the frame off the front of their cab? I picked another s112 up second hand and there is a bit of a vibrating noise behind the grille cloth.

There are the two little tabs, but I don't want to yank it off if there is a knack to it?!

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1461183599' post='3032318']
Bumping this up to ask if anyone has taken the frame off the front of their cab? I picked another s112 up second hand and there is a bit of a vibrating noise behind the grille cloth.

There are the two little tabs, but I don't want to yank it off if there is a knack to it?!
[/quote]

I've never taken mine off but apparently they are affixed in a manner (hook and eye? rather than just Velcro!) that is supposed to eliminate ANY noise from the grille cloth. This would make me wary of just trying to pull the front straight off. My advice would be to message Tommy on Facebook. He's a super nice guy and he'll give you the info on how to safely remove it in no time at all!