Why become a member? ×

2003 USA Fender Jazz - Sunburst/Rosewood - SOLD
£475

Sibob

Hi guys,

Here is my 2003 Fender USA Jazz bass, the first Fender I owned. It's been through a lot, is heavily gigged, and is the bass I took with me to Wooten Woods earlier this year. Yes it's been played in front of Victor Wooten, Steve Bailey, Felix Pastorius, Anthony Wellington etc ;)

Anyway, its a brilliant bass, however it does have plenty of wear, dings and chips etc. Obviously full pictures asap, but all the wear is honest play wear from a LOT of gigs and I believe the price is reflective of this. That said, it plays and sounds great. The biggest patch of wear is the lower bout on the rear. This is down to the wood and exposing the black paint that Fender paint around the edges of their basses to make the blacks.....well....blacker I guess. Hopefully the photo shoes this.

This model has the graphite reinforcement rods in the neck, the S1 switch (actually useful on the Jazzes, not so much the Precisions). 60's spaced pickups. Fairly light (weight pending). The tort plate is a replacement official Fender, as the original was white and horrible, as such there is a couple of screw holes that don't have corresponding holes in the body.
There is one screw missing from the scratch plate unfortunately, and a couple could do with replacing as looking a bit rusty/discoloured.

It can be supplied with a basic gig-bag or a padded Ritter bag for an extra £10. As such, collection or meet up only on this in/near High Wycombe / Welwyn Garden City / London.

No trades
(Sorry about some of the orientations, TinyPic is working its wonders)

Thanks
Si