Why become a member? ×

1973 Fender Precision - Black/Maple - All original w/ OHSC -£1900 ovno - shortscale p/x added
£1900

Sibob

Hi guys,

The cull continues :)
Here is my 1973 Precision, [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]serial number 424563, with OHSC.[/font][/color] I purchased from Si (0353203) on here around a year ago.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass weighs 8.2lbs with a beautifully playable neck (B Profile/size)..playing with a nice low action (although I've raised it a bit) plus plenty of life left in the frets. Pot codes and neck stamp both date to [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1973. Plenty of life left in the truss rod.[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass shows signs of playwear, with dings / dongs etc. The body rear has some marks where the bass has been left laying on a cable (I suspect)....difficult to photo due to the colour, but worth a mention.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The case is in ok condition...the latches work fine. The handle has been taped at some point and the ends have wear....as does the tolex. Still does the job, however.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So overall not mint by any means, but if you are looking for a lightweight early 70s P with that classic thump and low action, this is it! [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Collection or meet-up (within reason) preferred.[/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Full collection of large detailed pictures, guts, dings, disassembled, pickups, pots, neck heel, serial etc available via email upon request.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£1900[/font][/color]
Would consider a part-ex with a short scale bass, Squier Mustang, Gretsch 2220 etc
Preferably not over £200
Many thanks

Si