Why become a member? ×

Rush at their best?

xilddx

I think he's made it perfectly clear in the past that he doesn't mind strangers at all. Just on an equal basis. Both strangers to each other. It's fans that he finds a bit tricky. Fans can be a bit scary and invade your space in a scary way. Didn't he say something about having a great time with a gas station guy in a remote location who didn't know him from a bowl of spuds?

The interesting thing about all this is why on earth do we fans want to interact with him at all? It a bit bloody needy isn't it. Give them love, buy their albums, buy tickets, buy t-shirts and key rings, put their pictures in your kitchen. All good. YOU DON"T NEED TO TOUCH THEM AND SMELL THEM AND CONVERSE WITH THEM! :) But some people think they do need to. Them peeps is SCARY!

Edited by xilddx

I can fully understand that a guy can want to set a limit on how 'available' he has to be...
You play in the band and you want that interaction at the gig but when you go home
you have your real life. Why do fans think they are owed anymore than what the product
being sold is...
Fans are fans... they buy albums and see shows but how much more they feel they deserve,
is their problem, not the players. Anymore than that, and we aren't talking mere fans, IMO.
Seems weird to me....

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1422958364' post='2678739']
I can fully understand that a guy can want to set a limit on how 'available' he has to be...
You play in the band and you want that interaction at the gig but when you go home
you have your real life. Why do fans think they are owed anymore than what the product
being sold is...
Fans are fans... they buy albums and see shows but how much more they feel they deserve,
is their problem, not the players. Anymore than that, and we aren't talking mere fans, IMO.
Seems weird to me....
[/quote]
I completely agree. But I think it's human nature mate. OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I met Alex Lifeson!!! He was so NIIIICE!!!! OMG!!! They be dining out on that for a year ;)

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1423009397' post='2679654']

I completely agree. But I think it's human nature mate. OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I met Alex Lifeson!!! He was so NIIIICE!!!! OMG!!! They be dining out on that for a year ;)
[/quote]
As you say it's human nature to want to meet your heroes and it is also part of the price of fame. Alex Lifeson handles it with good grace whilst Neil Peat doesn't...

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1423038661' post='2679758']

As you say it's human nature to want to meet your heroes and it is also part of the price of fame. Alex Lifeson handles it with good grace whilst Neil Peat doesn't...
[/quote]

Is that the drummer from the Scottish islands?

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1422922035' post='2678546']
Not seen this Rush documentary before. It's a nice one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TwUp-TP350
[/quote]

How can anyone, who watches this, say the music has no heart and soul? Ok, you might not like the band, but to say it's lacking heart and soul is just wrong!

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1423045219' post='2679854']

How can anyone, who watches this, say the music has no heart and soul? Ok, you might not like the band, but to say it's lacking heart and soul is just wrong!
[/quote]
Some people's opinions are wrong mate :)

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1423053752' post='2680003']
Some people's opinions are wrong mate :)
[/quote]

Or... some people's musical compass etc etc

see.......we can go round and round and round here.
Don't really want to throw water on the fire..too much of that going on today,
but I'll stand by what I said. No doubt about it. :lol: :lol:

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1423045219' post='2679854']
[/quote]

I dunno. While you could hardly accuse the three guys themselves of lacking those characteristics - I think what constitutes "heart" and/or "soul" could be perceived as lacking from their music if you don't like that genre. And I say that as a massive Rush fan!

Soul may be a long way off. I would definitely say that they are closer to the heart... ;)