Why become a member? ×

So, after 45 years of playing House of the rising sun...

leschirons

....in about every band I've ever been in (we thought we were so "ROCK" with the Frijid Pink version) Just came across this little gem by Five Finger Death Punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7siqTsfoqA

Despite my advancing years, I quite fancy having a go for the fun of it. This song is up there with the other unofficial French national anthems as it was covered by Johnny Hallyday and has been requested at about every gig I've ever played since moving here. Not sure about how this will go down with the local farming community but hopefully, the band may be up for it.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1414321181' post='2588133']
Always nice to hear a slightly different treatment of a familiar song, and this is good! Thanks Keith. I can just hear Steve H doing this - can you? :)
[/quote]

Ohhhhhh yes, I can. He'll probably rush out and buy a 7 string something though :lol:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1414314692' post='2588022']...hopefully, the band may be up for it.[/quote]

Refreshing version; I hope your drummer's up to it, as there's a lot going on there in that department. Very tasty; would you like to post your version of it, if it goes through..? B)[size=4] Thanks for sharing.[/size]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1414330283' post='2588275']
Refreshing version; I hope your drummer's up to it, as there's a lot going on there in that department. Very tasty; would you like to post your version of it, if it goes through..? B)[size=4] Thanks for sharing.[/size]
[/quote]

Ha ha, yes I listened quite intently to the drums on this. Our boy has the energy and enthusiasm for sure, just a matter of the ability. If it does happen, and we record the event at rehearsals, I'll post. All depends how far out of their comfort zone this is :D[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1414335558' post='2588338']
Ha ha, yes I listened quite intently to the drums on this. Our boy has the energy and enthusiasm for sure, just a matter of the ability. If it does happen, and we record the event at rehearsals, I'll post. All depends how far out of their comfort zone this is :D
[/quote]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]