Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC Jazz - Traded!

molan

[quote name='stonecoldbass' post='385264' date='Jan 19 2009, 07:08 PM']Did this bass previously belong to a certain Gil from Dunfermline?
Would you be interested in a trade plus cash for a metro rv5 sadowsky?!
c[/quote]

Previous owner was in Stafford and I think he'd had it a fair while.

I'm not an expert on the Metro range so not sure which one the RV is?

Zap me a PM and we can exchange email address so you can maybe post me some pics?

[quote name='molan' post='385306' date='Jan 19 2009, 07:48 PM']Previous owner was in Stafford and I think he'd had it a fair while.[/quote]

Indeed - he was the original owner. He imported a pair from new at the time that US Sadowskys were nowhere to be seen on our shores. (I took the original pics for him!)

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='388109' date='Jan 21 2009, 11:39 PM']Indeed - he was the original owner. He imported a pair from new at the time that US Sadowskys were nowhere to be seen on our shores. (I took the original pics for him!)[/quote]

And a very nice chap too ;)

Great collection of basses as well, some real jaw dropping guitars on his walls!

[quote name='molan' post='388114' date='Jan 21 2009, 11:46 PM']And a very nice chap too ;)

Great collection of basses as well, some real jaw dropping guitars on his walls![/quote]

Oh yeah - just a tad... not to mention all the effects pedals...

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='388164' date='Jan 22 2009, 02:47 AM']Oh yeah - just a tad... not to mention all the effects pedals...[/quote]

Ooh yes, I'd forgotten about those, looked like hours of fun to be had playing with them all ;)

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='390155' date='Jan 24 2009, 01:33 AM']Sorry to have to point this out, but the E looks well out of alignment with the pole pieces in those pics. Unusual for a Sado, as they tend to have perfect bridge/pup/neck alignment.

I think the Schaller bridge allows adjustment for this though...[/quote]

Spooky - I spotted this yesterday afternoon & re-set everything!

The bridge has little roller adjustments so you can get the alignment just right and they move really easily when not held firmly by the pressure of the string.

The E must have drifted over to one side at the last string change (it's had a couple of changes recently) so I've rolled it back to the correct position now ;)

[quote name='dr1' post='388611' date='Jan 22 2009, 03:14 PM']would you take fender jazz '73 (sunburst,tort,maple with blocks) for this bass?[/quote]

Sorry - forgot to reply. I'm only really interested in 5 strings at the moment ;)