Why become a member? ×

Anyone seen this yet....?

crez5150

Hmmm would be interested to see if it really handles 600w rms at proper low frequencies. And does it really go down to 45hz? (it seems to have the same response and sensitivity as alot of their other cabs). Its still only another cube with 4 speakers in it. I'm not knocking Markbass in particular but its nothing we havent seen in the last 25 years. It would be nice if manufacturers could be bothered to be a bit more radical or original in their designs, and maybe a bit more honest with their spec information.

Edited by Subthumper

Played with the one in my local (GAK). In short very disappointed.

Used an LMII (eq flat, filters off) and a Lakland 5502 (again flat eq). That Lakland is a monster tonewise, fat as *@^£, best sounding bass they have there.

Totally could not handle the bottom end off the low B, struggled with the low E below the A.

Farted out with the master running at about 9 O'clock with a properly set gain stage.

Wasnt at all loud.

Compared directly to the 210HF (I think, rather than HR), which went significantly louder before farting, I was shocked that this cab farted out at all though!

Maybe I'm spoiled rotten with my Berg AE410 (well I am actually :)) but I was hoping this would at least not fart, just not get very loud.

With a less thunderous tone from a bass you might do better, but I was shocked and disappointed, the GAK guy went very quiet when the cab struggled so quickly :huh:, he'd been all about the 'you must try this amazing new cab from MB' until it didn't deliver as expected.

• 3 weeks later...

This cab seems a bit pointless when there are so many decent and light 1x12 cabs appearing on the market, their own are pretty good.

I tried out one of the new 102HF's the other day with an LM2 - it didn't seem to have as much depth as my older model, it sounded more like the 102p combo with emphasis on the midrange, it looks like it's undergone quite a redesign with the reduced overall port size - odd.

There was loads of chat in these parts a bit back about Ashdown mini 48s. I would think most of the issues raised re those would be similar with this Mark Bass only more so.

I loved my mini48 but many reported problems with sound break up and the rear porting.

Any cheap 1x12 in a cab that is maybe 3 times smaller than it should be for the speaker will always sound carp I think.
Did'nt the bass guitar mag review also say it farted at low volume.
You need a Omni 10 if you want a lightweight cab at a lightweight price. There is enough good reviews on these now by happy self builders.
YOU CAN BUILD MUCH BETTER CABS THAN YOU CAN BUY.