Why become a member? ×

Peavey Grind Bass any good?????

thebigyin

Hi Folks,
Before I go ahead and take the plunge any thoughts on a 4 String Peavey Grind. .....wants £145 for it......are they nice to play.....ie....comfortable neck ect.....I want a Bass that will cover my needs for Classic Rock Covers ect any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

seems to be a well put together bass, with mahogany wood, which is slightly unusual at the price point. Passive bass, so no need to worry about the battery dying on you mid gig. looks wise, its not for me, but that's obviously a personal choice. I would imaging from a pair of soapbar pickups you will get a good variety of tones. One thing to note, is that the grind bass is a 35" scale, making it an inch longer than a standard bass. The bass gets good reviews all over the internet, so that must be reassuring! For £145, you probably cant go wrong! Enjoy!

I had a Peavey bass for years - super reliable & feel great to play, I kind of wish I hadn't sold mine - there was nothing wrong with it, I just needed the money!

They're not particularly flashy & will never have the kind of following Fender/Gibson etc.. have but they're perfectly usable as a workhorse bass.

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1412931296' post='2573343']
I've noticed quite a few positive posts on this forum about Peavey basses.

Not played one myself but from general opinion on here they seem to sound pretty decent!
[/quote]
I've got one and they are quality. Grinds are good

I once tried one that a mate had just picked up.. not the bass for me, but he loved it and I think he still has it so it obviously IS the bass for him!
At £145 it sounds well worth a punt. The 35" scale is actually really comfortable and not much extra reach per fret, and it gives an extra focus to low strings.