Why become a member? ×

All gone.
£1500

FunkyFresh

[b]Trade value or price: 1800€ (LeFay Pangton) [/b]
Trades for LeFay: Steinberger L/XL.

[s]1. With some tears in my eyes I have to part with my immaculate Alembic Epic because of finanicial difficulties due to rising university fees. I only have it for a few months but regarding the latest changes I have to part with it, just because it is the only bass I own now that has a value. Got it from Manchester Bass Lounge. Drew gave this bass a killer setup! This is a great player. So I hope sincerely someone will use this bass to perform with it! The heavy duty flightcase is provides best security at all times! Its interior is customised to the shape of the Epic so everything is tight and secure. Everything is in immaculate condition. Let me give you some details on the bass.[/s]

[s]2. Also FS/FT my transorange EBMM Stingray with 3bd EQ. It also features a beautiful one piece ash body, as well as a one piece birdseye maple neck and fretboard. What more is there to say about a Stingray? Look at the pictures. Comes in a Fender USA hardcase (a bit rocked but safe). Frets are in great condition.[/s]

[s]3. LeFay Pangton V (1986). (Selling this one for a local friend of mine)

Body: Wengé
Neck: glued Padouk with Ebony fretboard (fretted 5 string)
Scale: 35"
String spacing bridge: 19mm
Hardware: Schaller/ABM
Pickups: two low-impedance Humbucker LeFay LF-2 with Ebony frames
One volume pot for each Humbucker
Active W/L-Studio Electronics (Made in Hamburg, Germany) (modular, parametric mid-control), red LED for EQ current and battery level
Case included
New price according to LeFay hompepage 4400€[/s]

Edited by FunkyFresh

1250GBP is including shipping but I am open for offers. I found one Epic (but lefthanded) at bassdirect for 1500GBP. In the bay there are two of them for 1200GBP in the USA, so there would be high costs for taxes and shipping as well. So I think the price is good for such a great instrument. :)

Hit me with offers!

Hi Cocco, of course I don't know what your preferences are. What I can say is, that it has a pretty slim neck, low action and reacts nicely to ones fingers input. With that I mean, that personally I don't need a lot of force to get beautiful notes out of it, neither in slapping/tapping nor in fingerstyle. So if you are more the kind of player who likes a broad neck and likes to play the bass hard (like a lot of Spector, Warwick or similar players do) it is maybe a bit too sensitive/delicate (I hope the words I used are correct :-D ). I think it is a "groover" more than a "in-your-face rocker", playwise. Soundwise it can do both. My Rodenberg overdrive reacts nicely to it. I think there even was a punk bass player who used Alembic. Was it the band Wire?

Edited by FunkyFresh

[b]Nut width[/b] 1.625" (~41mm) [b]24th fret width[/b] 2.360" (~60mm)

I measured the thickness of the bass neck at the fifth fret and compared it to my JazzBass neck-thickness, which is almost the same. So I would say it is a little broader (compare nut width) than my JBs neck. It is a little less than with my Rebop (read that you have one and remembered mine had 1,64" width at nut).

Lovely Basses Both - in different ways of course...

Do you mind if I enquire as to when the MM Stingray was made? I'm on the hunt for a YOB bass.
The Stingray looks in mint condition, but it might just be old enough.

All I can find to help you (if you don't have the age to hand) is the ernie ball forum where you can request a manufacturing date: [url="http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-basses/1254-music-man-serial-number-database-630.html"]http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-basses/1254-music-man-serial-number-database-630.html[/url]

Thanks. I looked it up in another database and it is June 1999 built due to serial number E086. Found similar bass with E085 in this database which gave it away as May 1999. E08 is 1999. :)

Edit: The ash body has a very beautiful grain/texture. I will try to capture it on photo asap.

Edited by FunkyFresh