Why become a member? ×

Carvin XB75 p **SOLD**
£650

fluffo

[quote name='dougal' timestamp='1410359532' post='2548531'] I strung it F# B E A D and it took it no problem. [/quote]
F# !!! :blink: Where did you get a cab that could output the 23Hz of that note ? I'm really puzzled by this....

Still a very nice instrument, i wish i had more available cash... trade options may be ?

I can't remember how much it was: I was living in the USA at the time, and it came direct from Carvin - about ten years ago!

They don't hold their value well, which I've never really understood.

As for the F#, I had a 1x15 that seemed to do it justice. Most ERB have the low F# on there.

I have no reason to sell other than financial, as for previous i cannot answer
we all see how gear changes hands on this site, people change there preferences aswell see other stuff on here they may want, i have recently bought my old 5 string back off pinball so why have 2.

Edited by fluffo

[quote name='Bolo' timestamp='1410620507' post='2551340']
Not to be a pain, because the bass looks great, but why is it sold 5 times in 10 years if it's so good?
[/quote]
From memory three were Dougal went abroad, Conan didn't get on with 5 strings and went up to 5 then back to 4 for a while. It is weird though your right.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bolo' timestamp='1410620507' post='2551340']
Not to be a pain, because the bass looks great, but why is it sold 5 times in 10 years if it's so good?
[/quote]
[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1410624212' post='2551398']
From memory three were Dougal went abroad, Conan didn't get on with 5 strings and went up to 5 then back to 4 for a while. It is weird though your right.
[/quote]

Yes. I bought it from a guy in London who was emigrating to Australia and needed a quick sale. I wanted a decent fiver for a project that needed the extended range - and I am a dyed-in-the-wool four string player. The project never materialised and I no longer needed a five string.

Also, although this bass looks, feels and sounds great - I found the controls a bit complex for live use. I prefer simple tone and volume!

I sold it to Pinball (for a lot less than its current price... :( ), who was going through a bit of a "trying things out" phase. He liked it but ended up with a lot of basses and needed to down-size his collection...

Dunno what happened to it after that, but be assured that this is a quality piece of kit. The fact that it has had several careful owners does nothing to contradict that. If I needed a fiver again, I would have it back like a shot!

If it had any other name on the headstock, it would be selling for twice this price.

Edited by Conan