Why become a member? ×

Rediscovering a bass

alembic1989

Much to my shame....I had my favourite bass (Alembic 20th Anniversary) sitting un played in its case for 4 years!
I was hankering for a play on it recently.....opened the case...and was knocked out at its killer looks.
Plugged it in..and just couldn't believe how great it played and sounded.

Anyone else rediscovered theirs?

Only by selling it, then buying it back. It was my `78 black/black/maple Precision. Both bands I was in at the time demanded white instruments only, so I sold it as it wasn`t being used. Left both bands earlier this year, and luckily the Basschatter I sold it to put it up for sale a short while after. Snapped it up and I consider myself very fortunate, it`s a great player and has the best recorded sound of any Precision I`ve had. So glad to have her back.

Glad you started this,was thinking the very same thing last night.

I seem to do this fairly regular,granted there's more basses than sense here but last night it was the Harley Benton PB-50
strung with nylon. Good solid bass with no-frills before that it was the Retrovibe Evo.

Flip side to this is I'm scared to play the old Washburns in case they don't cut it though I've a plan for that. Play the Squier Affinty
after that POS they'll still sound good.

Batteries in my ACG went about a month ago - it's been sitting waiting for new batteries...meanwhile I've been paying a basic passive Corvette - fitted new batteries to the ACG yesterday, plugged it in and blew my mind - weight, tone, feel, all superior by light years....