Why become a member? ×

Basses and car boots

slingo

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1409913378' post='2544505']

My current car (A3) is all black inside and with slightly tinted windows... a black gigbag in the back seat footwell becomes invisible, and it looks like the car is empty ;)
[/quote]

This in my Focus only the rear windows are a dark tint.

My gig bag disappears.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1409783903' post='2543440']
Seeing as we've moved from providing info to willy waving, I took a GK combo, Westone Quantum, bag containing leads and Boss ME6B, and a sleeping bag on the back of a Triumph Tiger 900 from Tamworth to Maidstone and back again.
[/quote]
Did they enjoy it?

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1410045041' post='2545698']
I have both an Alfa 147 and 159 SW and neither will accommodate a bass case in the boot, only on the back seat. I can't see how the Guilietta would be any different. However don't buy a Kia as I doubt it will fit either, stand out from the mundane crowd with an Alfa!
[/quote]

I'm talking shaped case not rectangular, surely a shaped case would fit in the 159 even at an angle? I currently have a focus estate and it fits in there at a slight angle. I want a more "interesting" car though, hence the Alfa, although the focus has been the best car I've ever had...

Why not get a more interesting bass & case - say a BC Rich thing or Flying V bass or similar - then get a shaped sidecar & have it fitted to a Harley Davidson 12,000,000cc hog? Would be much more interesting - plus you could get to wear interesting leather "butch" biker outfits (as if you needed an excuse).

( BTW I used to take a Selmer Goliath in the back of a mini minor regularly to gigs, ........ but that was a while ago)

[quote name='slingo' timestamp='1410045981' post='2545709']
I'm talking shaped case not rectangular, surely a shaped case would fit in the 159 even at an angle? I currently have a focus estate and it fits in there at a slight angle. I want a more "interesting" car though, hence the Alfa, although the focus has been the best car I've ever had...
[/quote]
Get the Alfa. If a standard bass case won't fit, there are other options. Behind the front seats as already suggested. Or get a headless bass like a steinberger. But I'd rather choose my bass to fit the car.

That's assuming it's a 159 of course. Guiletta, not so much....

[quote name='Skinnyman' timestamp='1410070029' post='2545754']
Get the Alfa. If a standard bass case won't fit, there are other options. Behind the front seats as already suggested. Or get a headless bass like a steinberger. But I'd rather choose my bass to fit the car.

That's assuming it's a 159 of course. Guiletta, not so much....
[/quote]

As I said in my original post, I did buy a headless bass (and still have it) so it would fit in the car I had at the time. I actually love the 159, but it's a bit big for my mrs and there's also the matter of £180 tax compared with the giulietta's £30.....

Behind the seats is ok as long as I don't have to leave it parked anywhere as I don't want my bass on view, hence the question about the boot.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1409664890' post='2541980']
Probably not much help, but I have a Kia C'eed SW - the estate - and a Hiscox case fits easily in the cavernous boot.

I LOVE that car.
[/quote]

Just bought one myself on Saturday, but yet to try gear in it. Took the golf clubs with me a few weeks back when I ordered it as somewhat easier to get in and out of a dealership.