Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD - Peavey Foundation Bass (USA)
£175

benebass

Hi - I'm selling my white Peavey Foundation Bass that I bought a while ago on here. It was made in the USA (I was told it's from 1987) & is basically Peavey's take on the Fender Jazz Bass. It has a beautiful slim maple neck, rosewood fingerboard & a pair of Super Ferrite pickups, which have a lot more presence & output than an average Jazz. There's a lot of love for these in the States, but not that many made it over here - Peavey basses from this era were really good quality & I think they'll be seen as classics in the future. Only selling it as I'm not playing bass as much as I'd like these days.

It's in a really good condition & bizarrely still has the plastic on the control cover on the back! Looking for £175 collected - I'm based in Newcastle upon Tyne.

[attachment=170569:IMG_20140531_132815041.jpg] [attachment=170570:IMG_20140531_132820191.jpg] [attachment=170571:IMG_20140531_132825903.jpg] [attachment=170572:IMG_20140531_132923034 - Copy.jpg]

Cheers,

B.

Edited by benebass

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1409514929' post='2540442']
Why did you have to be so far north? It would cost me that to collect it :/
[/quote]

Shame, but I would prefer to do a collection sale really - if I can sort out some decent packaging then I'll give you a shout...

These are great basses. Well made, fast skinny neck, sound good, look good.
I'm tempted to buy it as an investment, but that seems a waste of a fine instrument.

Bike shops often have nice strong boxes :)

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1409601865' post='2541458']
These are great basses. Well made, fast skinny neck, sound good, look good.
I'm tempted to buy it as an investment, but that seems a waste of a fine instrument.

Bike shops often have nice strong boxes :)
[/quote]

Yeah - think these US Peaveys will start to rocket in price soon. I'm with you though - this one really should be played!

Would prefer a face-to-face deal really - had a few courier nightmares recently...

Cheers,

B.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]" had a few courier nightmares recently.."[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif].[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thank god you said that or you'd have thinking about getting another one.[/font][/color]

I don't mind white but this popped up about an hour after I done the deal on a Zodiac. Last 2 weeks I've been looking at fretless and Zodiacs,
twice I get outbid then a fretless Foundation appears here for about an hour.

At the weekend the fretless Tanglewood went back up and I got it then a guy in Germany got in touch about a Zodiac.It's on the way,can't say I'm not tempted.

It's no good - I can't bear this anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gas: :gas: :gas:

I really am trying to rationalise my collection and I already have one of these - line
around head but. . . . . . . . . . because I have one, I know how good they are and
just can't resist it!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending a PM Now!!

Cheers. :D

• 4 weeks later...