Why become a member? ×

Getting bored of doing covers

chrismuzz

• 3 weeks later...

...and two weeks later... One of the friends I've made since moving down here has contacted me to tell me his originals band have sacked their bass player, and they want me to learn 6 songs for an audition tomorrow evening!

Aside from that, since being made redundant a few weeks ago I have just started a new job... but received an offer for another much better paid one which is only a few miles from my home!

I don't know what's going on at the moment, but I like it!

So all in all a very happy ending to this little tale :D

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1413039962' post='2574441']
So all in all a very happy ending to this little tale :D
[/quote]

One door closes and another opens... or is it an upstairs window, I'm never sure... and the Chinese word for 'Crisis' represents both 'Danger' and 'Opportunity'... so... Happy Dangeropportunity!! Or something. All sounds good anyway... nicely done. :)

Edit: I bet those other tossers are as sick as pigs now!! :lol:
Edit: Good luck with the audition.

Edited by discreet

I'm really pleased that things turned in your favour.

When others start shouting and cursing I tend to remain calm, quiet and polite. Give some folk enough rope and they will invariably hang themselves showing their true colours. You didn't allow bad behaviour be an excuse to act in a similar fashion. Courtesy and politeness will contrast and expose bad manners. Your patience & perspicacity do you credit.

My brother and I, both long in the tooth, called it a day last year feeling that friction between 2 band members was spoiling the pleasure. We parted before any 'explosion' occurred and on good terms. We now pick and choose where and with whom we play & exclude any 'nutters'. It did seem crazy to throw away 10 years or so of playing together just because of silly personality clashes but some folks just don't appreciate what they've got till they lose it.

Maybe some learned member would like to start a thread entitled "There always seems to be one - " . With relevant contributions on human physcology from those with some insight into this minefield.

Edited by grandad

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1411346882' post='2558669']
Bloody hell. I know you shoot straight from the hip but that did come as a shock!

I've been talking about this at home for the entire day which is what prompted me to post it on here. I want to honour the gigs because I enjoy playing, and I stick to my word, but I can't condone this behaviour. Aside from the events of today, The two girls that follow the band around always create hostility towards any other women who try to dance or enjoy themselves and will eventually destroy the reputation of the band... Which I'm sure this thread will eventually do!

I know I'm just venting, so I apologise. But cheers!

Any further advice on what to do now would be very helpful :)
[/quote]

I agree with Mr Castle. Loyalty to my partner would make me f*** off immediately and tell the rest of the band the reason for it. Absolutely unforgivable behaviour from the singer's gf.

EDIT: Oops, I'm late to the party aren't I! Great outcome Chris, nice one!

Edited by xilddx

Cheers guys :)

I'm starting my new job tomorrow, and I've just been announced as the new bass player for Guts For Glory!!

http://www.facebook.com/officialgutsforglory

They have a four track EP which is available to stream and download here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/gutsforglory1

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1411381806' post='2558868']
Chris,

I would tell the band and the singer that his G/F is dishing out abuse over the internet. This is internet bullying. You must tell them now and walk away. The band members who are your friends will understand. Somehow I don't think the singer is your friend.

Good luck
[/quote]

This is dead right. Walk away, your girlfriend is far more important than any w***er singer and his bully gf.

Double oops, even later to the party. Glad its all working out, and I assume your girlfriend is happy with your support too.

Edited by Bassman Rich