Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR 1805 what do you guys reckon?

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1407448163' post='2520771']
Also, says it comes with an Ibanez quality gig bag, but there's a fitted hard case in the photos. That's a bit weird too.
[/quote]

It's not.
It's a fitted soft case - a 'neither one thing or the other' type thing. :)

Don't really see the fracture, it is a bad photo, but I think if it was a crack they were trying to hide they just wouldn't show that picture!
But no, I would either want to see it in person before handing over the money, or get someone I knew to. Gumtree doesn't even have the minimal protections that eBay does, so wouldn't want to risk it.

[quote name='lankyman20000' timestamp='1407448011' post='2520766']
I didn't spot that, does look like a serious fracture if that's what it is, if the guy replies i'll get him to send another picture!
[/quote]

Bear in mind that's wenge you're looking at; it's a pretty open grained wood so you might be seeing flash reflecting off one of the striations but for the money you'd have to pay it does need further inspection.

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1407487502' post='2520941']
Bear in mind that's wenge you're looking at; it's a pretty open grained wood so you might be seeing flash reflecting off one of the striations but for the money you'd have to pay it does need further inspection.
[/quote]

^ This. Looks to be the open grain of wenge to me. If anyone is willing to take the trip that could be one hell of a bargain.