Why become a member? ×

NBD : Anaconda bass standard Crusher

pierreganseman

Hey guys , just sharing my experience.

I just received my custom ordered Anaconda bass!

Here are the full specs :

Swamp Ash Body
Swamp Ash Top
Maple / Wenge neck
34 inch
Hipshot hardware
Glockenklang pre amp
Bartolini Duals
Schaller strap locks

Please understand all this comes in as standard... My communication with Andrew Taylor-Cummings has been nothing short of amazing, he has been very communicative about every single step of the way and is responsive via Facebook. Not like many other builders which I will not name. A great product is only a great product as long as it has a great customer service.

The build quality of that bass is the same as other top UK builders like Martin Petersen of Sei bass, or Overwater.....

Just a hint ... an anaconda Standard will cost you about a third of those brands. Please understand I am in no way slagging them off as I own Sei's too.

Get in touch.... and get yourself a handmade bass for less than a factory made Fender.

See ya

Edited by pierreganseman

I have the same to say! I ordered a CX5 Standard, strung E-C. This bass is amazing. Andrew's skill and attention to detail is second to none. I ordered my bass just after the London Bass Guitar Show so I was able to buy at a discounted price, but still, Andrew's basses are OUTSTANDING value for money, even if paying full price. My bass spec is:

Ash body (chambered)
Ash top
Maple neck with wenge stringers
Wenge fingerboard
35” scale length
Tuning: E-C
Chrome hardware
Hipshot tuners
Bartolini pickups
Glockenklang 3-band EQ plus Andrew's awesome coil taps!

I've literally waited decades to own a bass of this quality. The more I play it, the more I want to. The tonal range is outstanding. I would recommend Anaconda Basses to anyone looking for a high-end bass at a great price supported by excellent customer service.

You can have it in 34" as well.

I haven't got an Anaconda bass, I do intend to though. Visited Andrew at his workshop several times, got him to do some minor work on my other basses, been to his launch event and to his booth at the LBGS - at those occasions I've tried most of the basses he's made so far and many that he's modified. Top man.
To put it shortly, Anacondas are a well thought-of, functional and ergonomic package of quality woods, based on their tonal properties, with complementing it set of electronics, providing versatility and yet transparent reproduction of the organic "native" tone. Great hardware and killer B string.

I'm getting one when I can, for sure.