Why become a member? ×

Gibson Midtown Standard Bass sold pending
£599

ash

Oh dear the vintage GAS has got me again so today I'm offering this virtually brand new, boxed and cased Gibson Midtown Standard.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA/Midtown-Standard-Bass.aspx

I bought it because for years I wanted an Epiphone Rivoli/Gibson EB2. Guess what? Less than a month after I buy this I have the opportunity to buy a vintage one!
I got it from Thomann as part of their 'blow out' deal hence the low price. It comes with all the case candy and trussrod tool, I'm also including a very high quality leather strap in keeping with the vintage vibe of the bass. It's pictured wearing flats but I'll put roundwound strings on ( the flats are really nasty old ones that I liked for the thump ) if sold. The action is nice and low as I had it tweaked by my local luthier and intonation is spot on. I also had a thumb rest professionally fitted as it provides a more comfortable right hand position. It's in excellent condition as it has remained cased and smells of brand new Gibson! Construction and finish is top quality - it sounds fantastic and has a surprising array of tones thanks to the combination of thumping mud bucker and honky bridge pickup.
I'm looking for a sale only and would prefer pickup unless the buyer wants to arrange their own courier.
No offers - if the bass I want goes I will withdraw this. Cheers!

Edited by ash

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1404935408' post='2497206']
Kin hell, Ash - another lovely bass from you!
[/quote]
I'm only selling because I've seen a vintage EB2 and that's been a dream bass of mine for years. Sadly no bites yet - plan B is to 'pimp' it with black hardware replacing the mud bucker with a a Model 1 Dimarzio plus a Grabber pickup at the bridge!