Why become a member? ×

Aguilar cab options?

sshorepunk

Hi

After some opinions on a change I'm considering with my cabs
My rig is an aguilar DB750 with two aguilar 4x10 cabs (db cabs)
Great rig, great sound, give me a degree of flexibility to use just one 4x10 on small gigs, but it's great having that 8x10 wall of sound when possible!
But! It's kicking my arse, moving these things is a pain in the arse, I'm not getting any younger and approaching 50!
My band is loud, I like to hear myself too (who doesn't!)
So what cab options have others tried with a db750 or similar?
Was thinking 2x12 and 2x10?? Just want to make it easier on my back!!

Cheers

Tony

I had 2 DB212s and a DB750 so I definitely feel your pain. I eventually moved the 212s on and went with 2 Bergantino AE210s. These cabs are pretty light, not unbelievably so, but they feel really solid and well constructed. I also bought a TH500 as the DB750 is a lump in itself, and really couldn't be happier. They are easily the best 210s I've ever used. One being enough for most rehearsal/small gig situations, and 2 sound absolutely HUGE!

I kept the DB750 around though - Sometimes I just can't resist bringing out the big guns ;)

I use a DB750 which is a lump itself, and DB212's and/or DB210's.

I have the DB212 at 4 ohms and the DB210's @ 8 each should I want to carry them all
but I can't see a way to really need them all going.
The 212 is great but the DB212 plus DB210 even better so that is my best stage rig.
I think the 10's just open up the top end a bit better but they may be at a better height.

The DB212 is around 70lbs and as long as it is on wheels it is an ok lift into the car.
I make a point of lifting other stuff so I always can get a hand if need be.

I also have 2xAE112's which do ok, but they aren't a patch on the sheer authority I get
from the DB212 and certainly the 212+210, but then that is to be expected.
Sometimes it is just as simple as small rig, small sound, light rig. light sound IMO.

[quote name='BandmasterPete' timestamp='1403559301' post='2484013']
I love the DB 112.

2 x DB112 doesn't hurt your back.
[/quote]

+1

Around 7 years ago I was rushed into hospital unable to move - 3 discs had prolapsed in my lower back - too many years of playing rugby and also lifting (2) 4x10 Trace Elliot cabs in and out of my car so, inevitably I was forced to downsize. I purchased some MarkBass cabs/F1 head which I used for around 6 years. Earlier this year I was hit by a serious bout of GAS and decided that I wanted a more substantial rig again, so I bought a DB750 and a pair of DB112's - the cabs are comfortable for me to carry (I can manage one in each hand if need be), the head is a bit lumpy/awkward but well worth the effort as it sounds immense.

I'd love another 4x10 (or two!) but commonsense must prevail - I've never yet been left wanting more from this rig - it's just great.