Why become a member? ×

USA Stingray Sub 5 string

lancer

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

outstanding axes... I own two, both 5s, a fretted and a fretless. Even though my main is now an 05 warwick streamer jazzman lx-5 (whoa I love this thing - turns out thick D necks feel better for me and are way easier for fast playing for me), the subs sound amazing and are more touch controllable for tone than most other basses I've owned, while recording straight to the desk and sounding like a final recording.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1403342777' post='2481922']
(...)
I would not go for any other "clone" no matter how pretty.
[/quote]

I had a SR5 and a few years latter got my hands on a Japanese ATK305 so i have to say that you should consider changing your mind about this ;)

EDIT: currently don't own any of those because of the same issue - they're heavy as hell!!! - but the ATK had the SR vibe, only... more!

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1415206470' post='2597901']
I had a SR5 and a few years latter got my hands on a Japanese ATK305 so i have to say that you should consider changing your mind about this ;)

EDIT: currently don't own any of those because of the same issue - they're heavy as hell!!! - but the ATK had the SR vibe, only... more!
[/quote]

The Atk305 of Ghost Bass Its in my hands now. What a bass :)
About its voice and sound defenetly is a war machine with that growl and presence, and( to me) it has more punch than a SR. The sound and tone is all there, with an alternative design. Its a fact about the weight (around 10/11 lb). And it sound so so huge and powerful with my GB streamliner thanks to the valve pre amp.
If you find some, don't turn around. Try it, ;) believe me

Edited by Markolinni

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1415206470' post='2597901']
[/quote]

Oh, I like the ATKs :) I just don't consider them a "Stingray clone".