Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender USA Jazz Deluxe 5 string with Nordstrands.

Bassy

Hi, i'm relisting this bass for sale again, as my Shuker build is nearing completion.

2001 US Jazz Deluxe V, alder body with the now discontinued (cost Fender too much!) Pau Ferro fretboard which has a tone between ebony and rosewood. 3 tone sunburst with tort scratchplate.
Original Fender 18v preamp- vol, blend, bass, treble, mids- also i had it fitted with Nordstrand NJ5FS single coils (they are a split hum cancelling design) and a Badass V bridge, fitted by the Gallery.
This bass has a great sound and feel, the Nords made the bass sound fantastic, much, much better than the stock pups. Lots of growl and midrange punch, also fitting the Badass added more sustain and bottom end.
It is in very good condition, as you can see from the pics, no dings or scratches. Comes with a Ritter gigbag.
Asking £780 (New this bass would be £1500 with the mods)
It can be collected from Finchley, North London or the City.
Thanks.

Edited by Bassy

They still do Pau Ferro [url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0194660720"]http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0194660720[/url] on these. Think they've stopped using it on the American Standard V and the Mex V

Just had a look at your link, looks like it's only rosewood and maple on fretboards now. I think the pau ferro has become harder to find over the last few years and therefore too expensive for Fender to use.

[quote name='P-T-P' post='244947' date='Jul 21 2008, 11:43 PM']They still do Pau Ferro [url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0194660720"]http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0194660720[/url] on these. Think they've stopped using it on the American Standard V and the Mex V[/quote]

[quote name='Bassy' post='245878' date='Jul 23 2008, 10:11 AM']Just had a look at your link, looks like it's only rosewood and maple on fretboards now. I think the pau ferro has become harder to find over the last few years and therefore too expensive for Fender to use.[/quote]

From paragraph two of the linked page, which is the current model of the one you're selling...

"... maple or [b]pau ferro [/b]rolled-edge fingerboard...."

But then the specs say Rosewood or Maple. Someone in the Fender Web Dept. did some copying and pasting without paying attention lol

I'm open to offers, but nothing too silly tho.
I'll check out the ray, Trev.
[quote name='trevthebass' post='245981' date='Jul 23 2008, 12:02 PM']hi there again , fella you might be asking a bit to much for the jazz go on ebay have a look , would you be interested in some kind of deal for my stingray my number is many thanks trev.[/quote]

Got a beautiful Lakland 5502 with the Lakland PU's i would consider a straight swap....can't believe i'm typing this as i love the Lakland...still! It's Natural wood with maple neck 5 string with Lakland case...immaculate...easily work £1K+ - if your interested email me and i can sort out some pictures...if i don't here from you i shall repent for offering my Lakland and keep it!

email [email protected] :)

cheers

Edited by Rasta

Thanks for the offer, but i need the dosh cos i'm having Jon Shuker make me a bass.

[quote name='Rasta' post='247280' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:12 PM']Got a beautiful Lakland 5502 with the Lakland PU's i would consider a straight swap....can't believe i'm typing this as i love the Lakland...still! It's Natural wood with maple neck 5 string with Lakland case...immaculate...easily work £1K+ - if your interested email me and i can sort out some pictures...if i don't here from you i shall repent for offering my Lakland and keep it!

email [email protected] :)

cheers[/quote]

[quote name='Bassy' post='247996' date='Jul 25 2008, 05:37 PM']Thanks for the offer, but i need the dosh cos i'm having Jon Shuker make me a bass.[/quote]

ah niceness, Jon Shuker....cool! Okie cokie...all the best

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Id love this, but my Warwick isnt selling ;) the nordstrands really are top notch it has all the mods id do to a jazz bass(just needs some nice chrome knobs) have a bump its lovely - lee

Edited by lee650

Cheers Lee
[quote name='lee650' post='409369' date='Feb 14 2009, 12:52 PM']Id love this, but my Warwick isnt selling ;) the nordstrands really are top notch it has all the mods id do to a jazz bass(just needs some nice chrome knobs) have a bump its lovely - lee[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

If this is still around in a few months, expect a P.M from me :)

lovely bass!! do the pictures make the sunburst tone seem darker than it is 'cause all the Fender Deluxe V I have seen are the lighter shade which I'm not to keen on, the reason I like yours!

have a bump just now and hopefully you will get a sale sooner rather than later but eventually an offer from me will arrive..i hope!!

Dara

Me too, when I sell my G&L I intend to buy a "super" Jazz, but this already has some of the mods I'd do, except I want a natural finish and a maple neck with block inlays and leds on the top.

Just trying to work out if I could do that to this bass on my budget.

But nothing will happen in honesty until the G&L has sold or gets traded for this one :)!! lol .

Quite by coincidence I have just asked Jon Shuker for a quote, hopefully I'll get it before I retire !!

S