Why become a member? ×

ladies and gentlemen...may i present the pookbass

ahpook

this all started about six years ago when i bought a bass neck and body from ebay - it looked like a half-finished project...a bit beaten up and most strangely no trussrod.

a quick trip to howard's bass place in newcastle and that was remedied by the man himself - he also got me the first set of hardware that was destined to go on it.

then we moved to london and it all got forgotten about until a few months ago, when i decided to finish it. i got hold of a pickup - a kent armstrong from Doc B here on BC, had the rout enlarged and fitted the hardware...

it's set up with a volume, a tone and a single coil/humbucker switch - all it needs is a control cavity cover (being made at the mo) and some suitable screws for the pickup.

so there you go...not exactly a bass i made, more one i assembled.

:)

thanks folks, it'll need a damn good set up when it's finished, and possibly a bit of work on the edge of the frets...they'er not sharp, just lumpy feeling.

shame i had to put the front strap button so far back, but i was erring on the side of caution...i didn't want to lose the upper horn !

[quote name='Shaggy' post='242448' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:14 AM']What's the body wood out of interest? Looks like yew, v unusual on a bass. Lovely classy looking bass anyway![/quote]

i've no idea at all...it's just one big mystery really