Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-01 pickguard

LloydyG10

Hey gang, I looking to get a pickguard for my Lakland 55-01. Apart from Jeannie's pickguards it seems impossible to find one.

Anybody on here have a pickguard for their 55-01?? If so could you send me an outline tracing so I can send it to the Bass Doc? got Howard standing by to make one for me, he just needs a template.

My 55-01 is an Indonesian built ones.

another thing, is Jeannie's pickguards still in operation?? if so are they good to deal with?? heard lots of conflicting opinions on the company.

Cheers guys

LloydyG10

I owned a 55-01 and I bought a pickguard from Jeannies. It was of a high quality and they were extremely easy to deal with.

Apologies, but I sold that particular bass a couple of years ago...otherwise I would have happily sent you a template for it.

Come on folks...there must be someone else out there who could assist the OP!

[quote name='LloydyG10' timestamp='1400362789' post='2453270']
Trying to do that machines, asked the bass doc if he could make one but he needs a template. If anyone out there has a 55-01 with a pickguard, all I need is an outline template and bada boom done!!
[/quote]
Personally of I were you I would bite the bullet and place the order with Jeannies...it will be a perfect fit.

I was impressed with mine.

Yeah I am thinking of going down the jeannies route, but I'm not sure there still operating. I heard that the main guy who makes the pickguards had died.

I've had a go at creating my own template, found it difficult to get the spacing between the pickup routing and neck pocket accurate.

Edited by LloydyG10

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...