Why become a member? ×

Bag End cabs anyone ?

sifi2112

I have been using the S15-D for years now and I really like it; nice clear sound but lacks the really low bottom end as the frequency range doesn't go quite as low as some cabs (as far as I am aware). Having said that its not an issue for me to dial in some bottom end on the amp and it sounds deep and clear - to my ears anyway. I have been after an S-12 or S-10 to run with it for a while now but can't find one for a decent price, I am prepared to wait as I like Bag End and want to stick with them. Bass Gear had the D12-D until recently but looks like its gone now, they also have a 410 cab in at a good price which has got my interest but I have a feeling it will be too heavy and bulky for my liking.

Been using an S-15D for a few years...small and very good all rounder, but old school weight. Gives all the stuff you need to hear on stage, but does miss the real low end - actually works as a benefit when you DI, as you get turned up a bit louder in the house! I'd love to use a pair of these cabs for louder gigs but I've never found another cheap enough to do it.

Old school, but a solid performer.

[quote name='BassBod' timestamp='1399446936' post='2444231']
Been using an S-15D for a few years...small and very good all rounder, but old school weight. Gives all the stuff you need to hear on stage, but does miss the real low end - actually works as a benefit when you DI, as you get turned up a bit louder in the house! I'd love to use a pair of these cabs for louder gigs but I've never found another cheap enough to do it.

Old school, but a solid performer.
[/quote]

Yep, agree with all that but would like to add that there's a little something special about these cabs. I had the pleasure of running 2xS-15D's under a Mesa M-Pulse head for a while and loved it, plenty of bass for me (Fender P with flats run clean). Something I really didn't like about them was the fact that they were narrower than the head, which kinda ruined the 'stack' aesthetic for me :rolleyes: