Why become a member? ×

Pickguardian, meh.

karlfer

So I decide to get a piece of kit to replace the chrome Ford bumper bar that a particular company put round their bridge pick up. Pickguardian are the only earthly ones I know who do this piece of kit.
Straight onto their website, piece of kit found. What do you require version 1, 2 or narrow, please download template.
So, template downloaded, copied to pictures, opened with Adobe (down with the kids or what dood? eh).
Press print. Cartridges need replacing. No they don't, did that on Wednesday. Out with offending cartridges. Back in with offending cartridges. At the 4th attempt it decided it liked the cartridges.
So then, it decided to ask me to remove the jammed paper. No jammed paper, but did as I was told twice. Then it told me to switch off and consult manual. Switched off twice, finally agreed reluctantly to print the template. Success, hard fought, but success.
OK, it's version one. Back to Pickguardian.
All goes swimmingly until it decides $15 for 2-7 days delivery. Last thing I ordered from the states would fit in the same jiffy bag required. That was $4 and was here in 6 days. Not happy with $15 as the bit of plastic was only $18 in the first place. Oh well, in for a penny (or cent).
Pays for it, relatively happy and slightly less homicidal by now.
Then it says it will take me back to homepage in 10 seconds. I hadn't been on homepage as I'd gone directly to the page for the required bit of plastic.
Home page says
We are closed 1-14 May will send out on our return
Also says that before their break they were running 1-2 weeks behind and were hoping to catch up!!!!
Wish I'd seen the homepage BEFORE I spent my $33.
Meh :(

Edited by karlfer

The guy that runs Rickysounds is alright, he lives in north side of Nottingham. Bought a 'classic tone' pot from him and then said if I brought my bass he'd solder it in for me if i could wait so I nipped off for a coffee and he did a neat and tidy job. One of the first things I did when I got my 4003 was take the PU cover off. I've never cut myself on the PU surround or had any real issues with the gap, from what some people write you'd think it was the grand canyon surrounded with razor blades. :rolleyes: Having said that it's not my main gigging bass and hasn't been for several years.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1399019031' post='2439949']
Try Rickysounds Karl. A bit more expensive, but UK based and IMHO a better solution to the Pickguardian
[/quote]

+1 to Rickysounds. I've got one of their Bezels on both of my Rics and they are a great bit of kit.

The following link, the "after" is the bit I'm after, in black (or Jetglo Plastic :lol: )to replace the huge chrome and plastic pup surround. I can't find one in Rickysounds?
Linky [url="http://www.pickguardian.com/pickguardian/RICBridgePUPlate.html"]Pickguardian Custom Pickguards[/url]

Edited by karlfer