Why become a member? ×

Fleet Carnival - what a disaster!

lukeward2004

Hi Guys,

My band where booked to headline the fleet carnival at the weekend, and my god, what a disaster! The Stage looked like it was made out of MDF and didnt look stable at all, and it was covered over with a horrible blue and white "tesco value" tarpaulin that was supposed to shelter the stage from any bad weather.

Then of course it rained hard for an hour before the gig and the whole thing got waterlogged as the tarpaulin failed to hold up, and we simpluy refused to set up on such a dangerous stage. There where plug sockets with water all over them!!! NO WAY!!

Anyway, the gig was promptly moved to a club called Propaganda, and despite the mad rush to grab out PA and get it all set up, and the late start (10.30pm) - we all had a cracking time and tore the roof off, even had people screaming for an encore after our encore!

Here are some pics for you:

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='240272' date='Jul 15 2008, 06:29 PM']....There where plug sockets with water all over them!!! NO WAY!!....[/quote]
I've done outdoor gigs for the last 2 weekends and both times the electricity supply, from a generator, had no earth!! We refused to play unless a proper supply was provided.
Always carry an earth loop indicator to check the electricity supply, it's basically a 13 amp plug with lights on the top to tell you if the supply is good or bad.

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='240548' date='Jul 16 2008, 01:44 AM']Thought you guys might like my Trillby :)[/quote]

Double thumbs up on the Trillby
Sounds like you were totally professional and made good out of a bad situation, so well done to you guys!!

Edited by Wooks

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='240684' date='Jul 16 2008, 10:33 AM']good to see the 'ray getting out and about :huh:[/quote]

MB1. :)
So thats Where it went!
Samuel.L.Jackson on Keyboards???????? :huh:

Edited by MB1