Why become a member? ×

Revisit R**********r sales on BC?

karlfer

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1397518979' post='2424841']

[size=3][b]Hall The Merciless[/b]: I feel like raining some gloat down on the fools at BassChat. Prepare my dirigible for immediate departure.[/size]
[/quote]

Cheers Skank, I now have to pick bits of muesli out of my keyboard. :D

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1397520119' post='2424845']
Stu , you really are talking nonsense now. i couldn't care less to be very honest with you if rics were for sale on here or not . at least i have an interest in the instrument i am not just on here to wind folks up. i own and play Rickenbacker they are great instruments , i don't care what john hall says if i can sell my bass here or anywhere else, if i want to sell a ric i will sell it with no one's help. i just think it adds more interest to the for sale section if there were genuine rics for sale for other guys on the forum to buy them, i can get a hold of rics anytime i want. so it does not affect me personally for your information. cheers
[/quote]

For someone who couldn't care less you've been very vocal on the subject.

Since from what I can see the RIC threads are the only discussions outside the For Sale action that you've taken part in on Basschat, I can only conclude that you have a Rickenbacker or two you'd like to be able to sell.

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1397520119' post='2424845']i just think it adds more interest to the for sale section if there were genuine rics for sale for other guys on the forum to buy them[/quote]
This is that little proviso that you keep just adding on in there though isn't it??? Since you keep refusing to answer I'm guessing "no" - you wouldn't put yourself up to be the one who takes the flak off Hall - but you would like one of the BC admin to do it for you. There's a word for that.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1397541906' post='2424869']
If it's been tedious all along for you, why didn't you just go to another thread instead of staying on this one, trying to be Paxman?
[/quote]
Ooh - questions, is it a quiz, was that my starter for ten? <_< Actually I only posted on this thread well after the half-way point. The point where I noticed three hypocrites were wanting things their way to suit their personal wants (rather than how the BC admin democratically agreed to operate) without wanting any responsibility for the consequences.

edit: FWIW - for quite a long time I've been looking for a Rockinbetter 4001, so it would suit me to have them available on here, but it has to be a particular model & colour which is why I haven't snagged one yet. However, unlike some, I agree entirely with how the admin have dealt with Mr Hall (why do I keep wanted to put a Rickenbacker "Rs" in front of his name) to remove in the quickest & easiest way a possibility that would remove the BC site entirely.

Edited by Big_Stu

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1397546665' post='2424913']
This is that little proviso that you keep just adding on in there though isn't it??? Since you keep refusing to answer I'm guessing "no" - you wouldn't put yourself up to be the one who takes the flak off Hall - but you would like one of the BC admin to do it for you. There's a word for that.

Ooh - questions, is it a quiz, was that my starter for ten? <_< Actually I only posted on this thread well after the half-way point. The point where I noticed three hypocrites were wanting things their way to suit their personal wants (rather than how the BC admin democratically agreed to operate) without wanting any responsibility for the consequences.
[/quote]

I keep wanting to "walk " away from this, but your constant goading is bringing out the weak git in me.
Go back to what I originally posted. I asked a question. I certainly didn't expect 7 pages, most of which is frankly irrelevant, quite a bit of which is simply trolling.
I have my answer. A year down the line, BC does not consider the situation regarding the sale of used Rickenbackers should change.
Absolutely fine.
Now, kindly refrain from winding me up. And the word hypocritical? I think most of us will have been guilty of that at one time or another. Probably unintentionally.
Possibly time for the Mods to call it a day on this one.
Big Stu, please feel free to have the final word.

The mods have discussed at length whether to lock this topic or not. The consensus was to let it run enabling all to have a voice on the subject. Also while there is a ban on the sale of Rics and Ric-o-likes there is no gagging order and to lock it prematurely would run the risk of the mods being accused of heavy handedness. Although, as has been stated in this thread, to keep going on about it is tedious and it would be nice if members could accept the decision in good grace and not keep having a pop.

For my own bad self, I wish we could have Rics for sale, and copies too. But, we don't live in a perfect world, and on this subject the imperfection has not been created by Basschat. I hope now members can respect the owners decision and leave this subject alone.

But, I'll not sit by when members start to fall out. Members who are most likely all great folk, and who if we were in the pub I'm sure would get on great guns. So with the OP's comment above I declare this subject well and truly closed.

Please respect the original rule. Basschat marketplace is Rickenbacker and Rickenbacker copy free. No more discussion will be entered in to.

Edited by Billy Apple