Why become a member? ×

Little Mark no luck

Ou7shined

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='239918' date='Jul 15 2008, 12:17 PM']I didn't actually say to eBay that I thought the amp was stolen choosing instead to go down the "not as described" route. However I did mention that Markbass and Proel said to me that the amp is anomalous and should be considered suspect.

In a funny way he did take the money and run. He used it to fund a trip to Portugal knowing full well that I wanted a refund, then came back and sold the amp again (hopefully) to pay me back but I still haven't seen any of it yet. I'm sure he was laughing all the way really. I don't think it's fair that he should come out of this unscathed.[/quote]

yeah, i agree he did miss represent the goods and you were entitled to a refund. I wasnt trying to say he was blameless.

[quote name='neepheid' post='239884' date='Jul 15 2008, 11:47 AM']/me shrugs

Each individual case should be decided upon its own merit. Personally I think that eBay's got well cut-throat over the past wee while (had to leave my first neg this month and i'm on the cusp of having to go through claim #2 in my eBay life) and anything which can be done to help people make an informed choice regarding the items on offer is helpful.

It goes without saying that such emails should be worded carefully. Present facts, not opinions.[/quote]

I'm sure that if we were cross-stich enthusiasts we would be loving the bay (I suppose it's only a matter of time before they're getting reguarly shafted too). :huh: I've had 3 negs in my time all of which were retaliatory despite me doing everything correctly. One of them even left a neg with the comment "thanks" then sent me a message it was a mistake and if I removed my neutral it would fix it. When I looked into it, these cheats did the same thing to everyone who left them less than good f/b. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='239935' date='Jul 15 2008, 12:33 PM']I'm sure that if we were cross-stich enthusiasts we would be loving the bay (I suppose it's only a matter of time before they're getting reguarly shafted too). :huh: I've had 3 negs in my time all of which were retaliatory despite me doing everything correctly. One of them even left a neg with the comment "thanks" then sent me a message it was a mistake and if I removed my neutral it would fix it. When I looked into it, these cheats did the same thing to everyone who left them less than good f/b. :)[/quote]

the Bay is a bloody mess and although i buy cheap adaptors and things like that i would never spend any real money on it now.
partly as im not really up on all the scams like mentioned above and secondly i dont want to get ripped off so i play safe.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='239955' date='Jul 15 2008, 12:43 PM']It's probably the way to go from now on for me too.[/quote]

Its a shame a good idea has gotten so out of hand but i guess that always happens when greedy people find a new way to rip others off.

I'm still a bit weary of using PayPal, or rather just having a PP account but so far it seems ok. I do use that a lot on line.

Hope you see your money soon.

It's a new rule they've (ebay/paypal) barged in - probably to end exactly the type of dishonourable conduct I mentioned above. I doesn't seem fair though as sellers should have the same right to leave honest f/b too. What they should have done was penalise sellers for habitually or maliciously leaving negs but then they don't really care about that as long as they get the commission from every seller good or bad. Another thing too is that this new rule will be probably open to abuse from bad buyers. It's just wrong.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='239638' date='Jul 14 2008, 11:26 PM']It went for £370 plus postage, I bet the winner if they go on to read this will wish they'd paid an extra £70 for a new one?[/quote]
I got outbid on that auction when I was outsniped with seconds to go!

Glad I lost now....!

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='242402' date='Jul 18 2008, 09:31 AM']Heh heh guess what sitting atop my 410?
[/quote]

Not a dodgy MB LMII with questionable pedigree for just £70 less than a fully guaranteed new one?
Hope it's not one of the early ones that had some trouble with power blocks and overheating .....

:)

And the winner is..... Keith (y5s) with a runner up prize for Dave as there is also a fat orange cat sitting on there too but he doesn't have a serial number that would be daft. :huh:

Is it yellow and black? [b]more orange than yellow I'd say but check[/b]
Is it little? [b]check[/b]
Does it weigh around 7 lbs [b]check[/b]
Does it have knobs? [b]check[/b]
Does it have a serial number? [b]CHECK[/b] :huh:

The serial confirms that it left the factory 1 month ago. And if my ears don't deceive me this one sounds even better, tighter. The knobs are stiff ( oo-er :) ) and the VPF seems to have more of an effect. I have only played it quietly at home so far (wanted to use it at rehearsals yesterday but there wasn't a suitable cab) and noticed a strange anomaly with the gain knob. With the other one I had it at 3 o'clock before the clip led came on, with this one straight out of the box it had to sit at 9 o'clock but gradually over a couple of hours I was able to increase that to 2 o'clock. I guess that's just the effect of the components burning in.

Oh yeah I got my refund too. But he over paid me by £3.01 which he has requested back. I'll get it back to him but I might just go on holiday first. :huh:

Oh yeah I got my refund too. But he over paid me by £3.01 which he has requested back. I'll get it back to him but I might just go on holiday first. :huh:

I would bug him in the same way like he did to you, ask him for his address and if he gives it to you send the money all in 1p coins :)

[quote name='Wooks' post='242552' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:37 AM']Oh yeah I got my refund too. But he over paid me by £3.01 which he has requested back. I'll get it back to him but I might just go on holiday first. :huh:

I would bug him in the same way like he did to you, ask him for his address and if he gives it to you send the money all in 1p coins :)[/quote]
Love it. I might just do that. :huh:

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='242532' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:26 AM']And the winner is..... Keith (y5s) with a runner up prize for Dave as there is also a fat orange cat sitting on there too but he doesn't have a serial number that would be daft. :)[/quote]

That cat sounds like its been stolen.. Get your money back ;-)

Glad its all sorted for you . When the first gig with it?

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='242565' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:46 AM']That cat sounds like its been stolen.. Get your money back ;-)[/quote]
PMSL

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='242565' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:46 AM']Glad its all sorted for you . When the first gig with it?[/quote]
Possibly tonight depending on the house set up (we're playing [url="http://www.rockersglasgow.co.uk/index.htm"]Rockers, Glasgow [/url]- new to us) but definitely will get to use it in anger tomorrow night where we're playing a social club in Musselburgh using just our back line and vocal PA.

Can't wait.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='242575' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:56 AM']PMSL

Possibly tonight depending on the house set up (we're playing [url="http://www.rockersglasgow.co.uk/index.htm"]Rockers, Glasgow [/url]- new to us) but definitely will get to use it in anger tomorrow night where we're playing a social club in Musselburgh using just our back line and vocal PA.

Can't wait.[/quote]

Good luck with both.
We are doing a social club tonight. just back line and vocal PA as well. Ive played this place loads of times and never have any problems with the high stage or with my MB head not being loud enough (on under half on the master).

[quote name='Wooks' post='242603' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:21 PM']It's a pity the 1/2p isn't still legal tender or I would have suggested that as an even better option :)[/quote]

And pay about £10 to post it to him?

best to send the guy a cheque and either forget to sign it or post date it 2009

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='246377' date='Jul 23 2008, 08:13 PM']I saw the feedback you left him. You were generous in the circumstances but it still said everything.[/quote]
[i][b]Prolonged and discourteous dispute process. Full refund eventually given.[/b][/i]
Yeah I did go easy on him. I had a couple of different versions ready but this one stuck to the facts and left personal feelings out of it.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='242742' date='Jul 18 2008, 02:22 PM']Good result. Congratulations. Now there's only the poor guy who has now bought it.[/quote]
It looks like it's a girl. :)
I took on board what Ste said and am torn about what to do. Walk away and be happy it's over for me or burst her bubble and let her know she's probably been burned.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='246503' date='Jul 23 2008, 11:38 PM'][i][b]Prolonged and discourteous dispute process. Full refund eventually given.[/b][/i]
Yeah I did go easy on him. I had a couple of different versions ready but this one stuck to the facts and left personal feelings out of it.

It looks like it's a girl. :)
I took on board what Ste said and am torn about what to do. Walk away and be happy it's over for me or burst her bubble and let her know she's probably been burned.[/quote]

Dude, you don't know it's been stolen, and you returned it. If you feel that bad contact Crimestoppers anonymously and rest easy.