Why become a member? ×

BALLS TO THE WALL – first gig in Bradford tonight

peteb

My new hard rock covers band plays its first gig tonight at the Brewery Tap in Idle (north Bradford). The band features Neil ‘Sak’ Saxton on guitar (ex leader of NWOBHM stalwarts Baby Tuckoo) and singer Rik Finn. Rik is a real find, a cracking rock vocalist who has never played a ‘rock’ gig before, but has had extensive experience as a professional singer and dancer on cruise ships and the like.

We are playing well known rock covers, but are trying to avoid the more obvious ones (i.e. no ‘Enter Sandman’ or Whole Lotta Rosie’, etc). We are hoping for a good turn out, but anyone who can get there will be most welcome – should be a good night…

We stormed it mate!

First gig and all that , therefore a bit rough and ready on some of the intros and outros, but we got a big crowd and went down a storm. As you say, can’t go wrong at the Tap with that type of music – loads of reaction on Facebook, etc (link to band’s page below in my sig).

We need a few more songs and a bit more work but looks like we may have a decent little band on our hands…