Why become a member? ×

Abel Ganz Prog Pledge Campaign

steviedee

Apologies for posting the Pledgeness so if it's in the wrong forum or contravenes the rules please remove it.

My band, Abel Ganz, have just started our pledge campaign yesterday. It's the first time we've ever did one of these things and I have to say it's been a really good experience. The band have been on the go since the 80s and we are using pledge to fund mastering and CD production of our latest album. In my opinion the album is our best and is the culmination of about 6 years work (we are not fast). It has brass bands, strinq quartets tubular bells, horn sections, lot's of traditional instruments and long songs. We have been lucky enough to have contributions from some really amazing musicians including Jerry Donahue from Fairport Convention and Malcolm Jones of Scottish folk rockers Runrig so it's all good.

It would be great if you could take a look at the video (we are generally much cheerier in real life but something about the camera going on!). Any advice on forums where we should be posting to or if you know a colony of proggers who might be interested in some really good prog rock please let me know.

[url="http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/abelganz"]http://www.pledgemus...ojects/abelganz[/url]

Thanks

Stevie

Worth getting in touch with these guys, they might put something on their website for you highlighting your campaign;
[url="http://www.progrock.co.uk/"]http://www.progrock.co.uk/[/url]
Best of luck with it, I bought an Abel Ganz compilation CD from them so they do know of you.
As for forums, I'd start here;
[url="http://www.progarchives.com/forum/"]http://www.progarchives.com/forum/[/url]

Edited by KevB

Good luck with the campaign! And well done on getting Malcolm in on guitar. Aside from being a top fellow, I always thought he was massively underrated.

Is Dennis still your drummist? I used to work with him now and again on Runrig shows & rehearsals.

[quote name='Simon.' timestamp='1396440917' post='2413632']
Good luck with the campaign! And well done on getting Malcolm in on guitar. Aside from being a top fellow, I always thought he was massively underrated.

Is Dennis still your drummist? I used to work with him now and again on Runrig shows & rehearsals.
[/quote]

Thanks Simon, Malcolm is actually playing accordion which he is amazing at he plays on the same track as Jerry. Denis is indeed the drummer and if truth be told the boss! He is the guy that keeps it all together. He is away with Runrig at the moment.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1396442285' post='2413651']
Love your stuff and have a couple of your CDs.

Just tried to do my thing but having trouble with the Paypal option. It maybe the work filters but will try later at home.
[/quote]

Cheers ead thanks for your support mate. I think this album is a cracker but it nearly killed us making it!

Edited by steviedee

[quote name='steviedee' timestamp='1396448580' post='2413777']
Thanks Simon, Malcolm is actually playing accordion which he is amazing at he plays on the same track as Jerry. Denis is indeed the drummer and if truth be told the boss! He is the guy that keeps it all together. He is away with Runrig at the moment.[/quote]

I have a very fond memory of Malcolm's accordion playing - I was filling in as guitar tech for a Runrig show in Denmark a few years back and was going through some stuff with Malc and re-stinging various guitars and basses. At the other end of the hall there was a second stage for a covers band who were on in the afternoon, and they were doing their set-up/soundcheck. At one point they started blasting out (a fairly decent version of) Whole Lotta Love and I became aware of Malc wandering about the stage with his accordion noodling along to some Led Zep. B)

Good luck with the album, and say 'hi' to Denis when he's back.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1396466737' post='2414092']
Yep, sorted it from home PC. Looking forward to the CD...
[/quote]

Thanks very much I really think you'll like it! Be great to hear what you think when it arrives... Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Stevie, got the download and just loving it. Congratulations on a great album. I can't stop playing it. I love the whole vibe of it. Superb playing all round. I can hear some Yes influence on it, right up my street. Well done that man,sorry, that band.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1401414964' post='2463456']
Stevie, got the download and just loving it. Congratulations on a great album. I can't stop playing it. I love the whole vibe of it. Superb playing all round. I can hear some Yes influence on it, right up my street. Well done that man,sorry, that band.
[/quote]

Thanks so much Sam really happy you like the album. The feedback so far has been great. Some of the guys are big Yes fans, I purchased a Rickie and a plectrum just to keep them happy!

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1402470892' post='2473746']
Any idea when the CDs themselves will be available?
[/quote]

Hi EAD

The CDs are at the manufacturers now. Though it's taking them a little bit longer than expected.
We will have them by the 18th or 19th next week and will be posted to the pledgers that day. The official release is the 8th of July.