Why become a member? ×

Need help sending a bass through the post.

Shockwave

Hey guys.

I am to send my Cort through the post.

Can i just send it through Royal mail by going to one of the offices? Or is it too big to send through there?

The main problem is i cant get a courier to collect it as my flat is impossible to find and rear access. Would a courier company accept a parcel at their offices?

Whats the easiest way guys? The parcelforce depot is on the other side of bristol.

Rob.

I normally take it to the Post Office yeah. Well packaged of course, and definitely send insured. You should have no problems with it, I see people posting all sorts of objects in my local (You have long enough to look around whilst in the line believe me!)

I sent one of my basses from Norwich to Sheffield for a bit of Shuker-isation through Royal Mail by sending it from my local Post Office. Arrived with no problems.

That was sent in a well taped-up hardcase.

Edited by peted

[quote name='Delberthot' post='239618' date='Jul 14 2008, 11:04 PM']Do it online and Parcelforce will collect it from you. i had to do that when my local Citylink depot closed down and didn't have time to go to the new one.

Just enter the dimensions and rough weight and Bob's your auntie's live in lover.[/quote]

Read my post! It cant be collected from my place. Rear access only, No postie would be able to find my flat!

Anyway, its all taped up and ready to go, Will be popping down the post office and see what happens. Otherwise i have a backup plan and use my mothers work expense account. :)

Btw i love the bass in the avatar!

Rob.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Delberthot' post='239618' date='Jul 14 2008, 11:04 PM']Do it online and Parcelforce will collect it from you. i had to do that when my local Citylink depot closed down and didn't have time to go to the new one.

Just enter the dimensions and rough weight and Bob's your auntie's live in lover.[/quote]

I wouldn't use Parcelfarce to send a turd in a box, never mind an expensive piece of musical equipment....bunch of incompetents in my experience.