Why become a member? ×

SOLD ***** 2 Sets of Brand New Dunlop Strings **** £10 per set or £15 for both
£12

I seem to have acquired several sets of 45-105 nickel plated round wound strings but I've now changed to playing 45-100s. So the following are for sale.

All brand new, round wound, never been on any bass and still in the original wrapping. Each set priced at £12 (inc postage) or £10 plus postage if that sounds better.

[b]Dunlop BDN45105 (2 sets)[/b]

[s]Lakland Medium Custom Wound [/s][b][s]([/s]SOLD)[/b]

[s]D' Addario XL EXL 165 [/s][b](SOLD)[/b]

[s]Fender 7150M Pure Nickel 45 - 105 [/s][b](SOLD)[/b]

Edited by petergales

[quote name='petergales' timestamp='1395095832' post='2398763']
Hi Pete

I'm afraid I've no info on the Laklands as there's nothing on the packet.

The D'Addario s state 174.29lbs total set tension.

Cheers

Pete
[/quote]
Um... means nothing to me mate!

I will have the D'Addarios if they are still available. I'll drop you a text and arrange to meet up or I will pick them up when I'm passing (or if you're over this way) if that's OK...

Cheers, Pete

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1395091743' post='2398659']
Hi Peter - what is the tension / compliance like for the Lakland and D'Addario sets??
Cheer, Pete
[/quote]
[quote name='petergales' timestamp='1395095832' post='2398763']
Hi Pete

I'm afraid I've no info on the Laklands as there's nothing on the packet.

The D'Addario s state 174.29lbs total set tension.

Cheers

Pete
[/quote]

If it is any help to you, Lakland strings are made for them by GHS, and the nickel roundwounds are essentially re-branded GHS Boomers, which most folks would describe as a pretty average tension hex core roundwound string, very similar l to D'Addario XL's or Elites Players in terms of tension and overall feel .

Hi Dingus

Thanks for that info. It's a bit of a minefield is the string thing. There are so many brands out there but only a few manufacturers. You never really know whose strings you are getting when you buy a set. Almost worth a topic on its own? I'll remember the GHS thing when I next buy some because the Lakland strings have a nice feel to them. Cheers, Pete

[quote name='petergales' timestamp='1395572267' post='2403735']
Hi Dingus

Thanks for that info. It's a bit of a minefield is the string thing. There are so many brands out there but only a few manufacturers. You never really know whose strings you are getting when you buy a set. Almost worth a topic on its own? I'll remember the GHS thing when I next buy some because the Lakland strings have a nice feel to them. Cheers, Pete
[/quote]

Hi Pete

What I should have also mentioned in my last post is that I have had plenty of Lakland strings myself in the past, and they are superb, as good as anything else out there. £10 for these is a bargain!

GHS make strings for lots of top" boutique" brands, like MTD, Lakland, Spector, ect, and that is no bad recommendation. GHS are one of the biggest string manufacturers in the World, and their strings are some of the best on the market.

Cheers

Dingus.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1395660241' post='2404711']

Hi Pete

What I should have also mentioned in my last post is that I have had plenty of Lakland strings myself in the past, and they are superb, as good as anything else out there. £10 for these is a bargain!

GHS make strings for lots of top" boutique" brands, like MTD, Lakland, Spector, ect, and that is no bad recommendation. GHS are one of the biggest string manufacturers in the World, and their strings are some of the best on the market.

Cheers

Dingus.
[/quote]
I don’t suppose you know if GHS also make the excellent Ken Smith branded strings??

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1395875091' post='2407611']
I don’t suppose you know if GHS also make the excellent Ken Smith branded strings??
[/quote]

As far as I know, La Bella make Ken Smith strings for them, and also the F- Bass branded strings, too.

[quote name='jaybass 70' timestamp='1395896910' post='2407680']
hi Pete, I,ll take the fenders if you've still got them
regards
jason
[/quote]

Hi Jason

Got your PM and replied. Strings still available.

Regards

Pete

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1395660241' post='2404711']
Hi Pete

Cheers

Dingus.
[/quote]

Hi Dingus

I've used Fender strings for many years now but I thought I'd try GHS on your recommendation. I bought a set of Boomers (45-100) and I'm very impressed with them from first putting them on. Loads of bottom and not too much of the 'zingy' stuff that's normal with new strings. Thanks again for your advice.

Kind regards, Pete