Why become a member? ×

Cab for my Orange AD200B?

Bazeley

Hi guys and gals,

This may have been asked before but I was looking for a bit of advice on a cab to go with my Orange valve head.

I currently have a Mesa Boogie 18"cab which sounds good with the head but i'm not really a fan of it so looking to get something else.

I would like a 410 most likely, I am looking at Orange OBC410, Ampeg 410s, Aguilar and maybe a Barefaced Supertwin 2x12". I am open to other 410 suggestions.

Hit me with some thoughts!

Cheers dudes! :)

The 410obc is a awesome, and is i would say slightly better quality than the 410hlf how ever the ampeg does sound good with orange, for some reason they go together very well, so personally id look at one of those.

However never trying a barefaced i have no idea but im sure some one will be along soon to say how light they are.

Andy

I used the obc 4x10 for 3 years with the ad200 and that's the best set up I've ever had .
Now I'm downsizing and Evan with an orange terror bass 500 the cab still sounds amazing to me . If it wasn't for the fact I recently had a double hernia op would keep that rig for ever but now need to find a lightweight option :-)

Cheers guys, that is good stuff to think about. I would love to try a few of these combos out but is is very difficult for me to get places to give it a go. The OBC410 seems like a sweet plan, but the Orange 115 might be worn considering. I don't really have a reason for it but i'm not a big ampeg fan.

No thoughts on Aguilar with the orange head.

I also think that an AD200B teetering on top of a Barefaced cab might look stupid….Maybe with a terror 500 but maybe not a big-assed tube head! haha!

[quote name='Bazeley' timestamp='1394191960' post='2388919']
Cheers guys, that is good stuff to think about. I would love to try a few of these combos out but is is very difficult for me to get places to give it a go. The OBC410 seems like a sweet plan, but the Orange 115 might be worn considering. I don't really have a reason for it but i'm not a big ampeg fan.

No thoughts on Aguilar with the orange head.

I also think that an AD200B teetering on top of a Barefaced cab might look stupid….Maybe with a terror 500 but maybe not a big-assed tube head! haha!
[/quote]

Depending on where in the country you are there are probably folks not too far away who have one of the cabs you're thinking about so you may be able to try a few out to get an idea of how they sound for you?

Yeah cheers man, I live up in the Shetland Islands so it's pretty tough to find anyone nearby with any of this gear. I might go down to England and try out a few cabs, but most probably won't have an AD200B there as well. Might just have to take a punt and hope for the best… That's what I did with the Orange head and I think it is amazing!

Shetland hhmmm tricky indeed buddy, I managed to try both an ad200b and obc115 in a local shop and happily loved the sound so I then scoured here and ebay until I found used stuff at the right price...

I've found my obc115 to be remarkably full range and punchy, it has enough top end to make a p bass growl but not in a tweetery sort of way, really natural sounding and pleasing ;)

[quote name='Bazeley' timestamp='1394191960' post='2388919']
[/quote]

Not on the [url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/69er.htm"]Barefaced 69'er[/url] - it's designed to be used with big valve amps:

Although I would enquire about getting one covered in orange tolex if it was to go with an Orange head!

Edited by dannybuoy