Why become a member? ×

Covers for my MarkBass cabs

simondee

[quote name='xgsjx' post='233706' date='Jul 6 2008, 06:56 PM']I got my cover from amplifiercoversonline. They're on ebay.
Fits my CMD102P like a glove, excellent service & guarantee and you can get yellow piping.[/quote]

I can add a recomendation for them as well. Quick service, and I had the stitching come undone on my acoustic 406 cab cover, and they redid it without a murmur.

David AC Royle make nice covers too

Let me add my 1/2p worth (sorry at work and can’t remember all the details you see).

I have just had delivery of a custom cover made for my Ashdown Classic head. It’s fantastic :) Black pleather.. (that’s plastic/leather ok!), white piping and it fits beautifully.
I sent a list of dimensions and chose my colour combination and voila, I have a lovely padded cover (that is a bit smelly to start with but that goes pretty quick).

I’ll post the company details and price later when I get home. I dealt with a chap called Shaun Dunk and he was very helpful throughout. Highly recommended.

Mark

[quote name='Marky L' post='234128' date='Jul 7 2008, 01:32 PM']Let me add my 1/2p worth (sorry at work and can’t remember all the details you see).

I have just had delivery of a custom cover made for my Ashdown Classic head. It’s fantastic :) Black pleather.. (that’s plastic/leather ok!), white piping and it fits beautifully.
I sent a list of dimensions and chose my colour combination and voila, I have a lovely padded cover (that is a bit smelly to start with but that goes pretty quick).

I’ll post the company details and price later when I get home. I dealt with a chap called Shaun Dunk and he was very helpful throughout. Highly recommended.

Mark[/quote]

Sounds interesting.

Look forward to checking it out once you've posted the details later on.

I've been trying to source covers for a Superfly 2x8 and 1x15 for a while now and, although Ashdown are planning to market their own, there seems to be some delay with their supplier. :huh: :huh:

Apols for not being able to recount all the details now.. but age and rock n roll have screwed my memory!

I was also originaly going to get an Ashdown cover.. as and when they actually brought summat out, but I already have their covers for my mini cabs and they are just the thin standard cover which doesn't protect from knocks very much and for the price are not very good value.

I think it cost me about £28. It also comes with a little badge with the word Silverstone and a Union Jack stuck to a bottom corner, which suits my Ashdown nicely. :)

[quote name='Marky L' post='234215' date='Jul 7 2008, 03:23 PM']Apols for not being able to recount all the details now.. but age and rock n roll have screwed my memory!

I was also originaly going to get an Ashdown cover.. as and when they actually brought summat out, but I already have their covers for my mini cabs and they are just the thin standard cover which doesn't protect from knocks very much and for the price are not very good value.

I think it cost me about £28. It also comes with a little badge with the word Silverstone and a Union Jack stuck to a bottom corner, which suits my Ashdown nicely. :)[/quote]

Any idea where I'd track the maker down?

Is the company called Silverstone?

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='234284' date='Jul 7 2008, 04:51 PM']Any idea where I'd track the maker down?

Is the company called Silverstone?[/quote]

Give us a couple of hours to get home and I'll let you have more precise details, email contact etc. If I can get my camera to work I'll post a pic too.

Mark

Ok folks.

So as guessed by bassicinstinct, it was supplied by a company called [b]Silverstone Amp Cover[/b] based in Coventry and I found them on eBay.
My contact has been with [b]Shaun Dunk[/b] - [email protected]

I supplied dimensions by borrowing the dimensions form that Roqsolid use on their website -
[url="http://www.amplifiercoversonline.com/dimensions/diagrams.htm"]http://www.amplifiercoversonline.com/dimensions/diagrams.htm[/url]
(click on the appropriate cabinet/head style and it opens a dimensions form. I filled that in, did a screen dump and sent that as a jpg image of my dimensions)

The material used is about 4mm thick (but I can't measure it properly)

[b]The cover cost £28.00
P&P £5.50[/b]
paid via Paypal.

It took just over a week to arrive from placing my order.

Please can you mention my name, Mark from Bournemouth, as i said I would recommend him if I was happy with the cover, which of course I am.

Hope that helps :)

Mark

PS should I move this review as such to a more appropriate part of the forum?

[quote name='Marky L' post='234452' date='Jul 7 2008, 08:06 PM']Ok folks.

So as guessed by bassicinstinct, it was supplied by a company called [b]Silverstone Amp Cover[/b] based in Coventry and I found them on eBay.
My contact has been with [b]Shaun Dunk[/b] - [email protected]

I supplied dimensions by borrowing the dimensions form that Roqsolid use on their website -
[url="http://www.amplifiercoversonline.com/dimensions/diagrams.htm"]http://www.amplifiercoversonline.com/dimensions/diagrams.htm[/url]
(click on the appropriate cabinet/head style and it opens a dimensions form. I filled that in, did a screen dump and sent that as a jpg image of my dimensions)

The material used is about 4mm thick (but I can't measure it properly)

[b]The cover cost £28.00
P&P £5.50[/b]
paid via Paypal.

It took just over a week to arrive from placing my order.

Please can you mention my name, Mark from Bournemouth, as i said I would recommend him if I was happy with the cover, which of course I am.

Hope that helps :)

Mark

PS should I move this review as such to a more appropriate part of the forum?[/quote]

Thanks very much for that.

I shall look into that tomorrow and see if they can accommodate me. :huh: :huh:

Cheers for your help.

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='234501' date='Jul 7 2008, 09:13 PM']Thanks very much for that.

I shall look into that tomorrow and see if they can accommodate me. :) :huh:

Cheers for your help.[/quote]

Lemme know how it pans out. I like to know if my recommendations are worthy!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='234755' date='Jul 8 2008, 09:40 AM']I can recommend Roqsolid and they usually have some discount deals too![/quote]

Hear, hear I've used RoqSolid for some time - very good covers.

Rhino