Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 4x10s

stingrayfan

Really pleased with the Trace Elliot 250w head I got from Beedster for £150. Currently running it through my Warwick 4x10.

The old GAS is setting in though and I'm thinking: "How about getting a matching secondhand Trace 4x10 to go with it....?"

I see a lot of people are getting rid of them because they're heavy...but what do they sound like? Much better than my Warwick do you think?

Since i changed over from a Hartke rig to a TE i have had nothing but compliments about my sound. get some TE cabs. you wont be dissapointed. i cant get my head around this heavy stuff. i dont hump stuff by myself, never have done. i help carry the drummers stuff in. guitarists. pa etc. and they help me. easy.

I have one. I only got it the other day with a 1x15 cab. I haven't been able to crank it up yet (nor will I for a month or two) but it sounds quite reasonable at low volumes. The guy in the shop tells me that the cabs sound fantastic, and as we have a good relationship, I know he isn't pulling a fast one.

They are heavy, but solid. They are too large physically for one person to carry, but get a mate to help and then the weight isn't such a problem either. They are still a pain to carry up stairs, though. When the time comes to take them to the reheasal space, I'll certainly enlist the help of the guitarist.

Here's a nice bit of info for you: I've only ever played through Trace Elliot cabs. I've always thought that they sounded great!

Heavy!!!

I love my Trace Cabs, they move hellish amounts of air.. although recently I have been using a MarkBass 102HF... probably as this has a HF in, and my TE cabs dont.. I like the sparkle it adds. The Trace's are great, fat and punchy... very nice!
You definately wont be dissapointed with Trace cabs anyway, they're big boys toys! :)